“Roach Motel”

Guest Cottage & Suites
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I should have read the reviews more carefully. Nth is was absolutely the worse. There were roaches all over the bathroom and refrigerator. I didn't feel safe, either. There was yelling outside our room at nights and suspicious activity going on behind the hotel. The manager during the day was. I've but the nighttime lady was rude. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
guestcottagesuites, Webmaster at Guest Cottage & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry you weren’t pleased with your experience here. I sincerely regret that we weren't a good match for your needs. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I apologize that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Run down, moldy pool, bad smell in the front desk as if someone is cooking, no iron and ironing board. When you come at the desk the agent is at the back, it was dark and you can't see him because there's no light. I think that was his bedroom or something. He just shouted, "what do you want?" Very impolite!! The room needs to be renovated, I think the whole area needs to be remodeled. I feel sorry for my friend who chooses that hotel.

Room Tip: don't mind staying here!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Our goal is complete satisfaction for everyone. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Dingy, dusky little cheap motel. Friday and Saturday nights frequented by "craiglist" hookers and dancers from the local strip club. Far too many unsavory characters in and out all night. Might want to take that black light with you to check for body fluids before you lay your head down - yuck*!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank tbevill

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I apologize that other guests made you uncomfortable and that you didn’t like the overall look and feel of our hotel. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments are very important to us. If we let you down, I apologize. We have taken note of these comments to make sure we do better than ever for future guests. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Roaches everywhere. Depressing and disgusting. The infestation of roaches is severe. Went to use bathroom and turned to flush toilet and there was one crawling out of toilet bowl onto the seat. I had not been there 10 minutes. I would have left but couldn't due to my circumstances. I bought every roach killer I could because I had to stay a few days but it did not help. The roaches continued to come out of everywhere. It was truly the most depressing atmosphere.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
6  Thank Deanna S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. A lot has changed here since your stay. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your needs. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at making the hotel better than ever before. I hope you will visit again and see how we’re getting better every day. You’ll be surprised by all the positive changes.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

Stayed there 1 night on the way to Fla.Checked 5 quality places but they did not have any smoking rooms.The room had 2 double beds but could only see the old out dated TV from 1 bed.I did check the beds with my hi powered swat flashlight for any sign of bedbugs and there were none.During the night I flipped on my light and did not see any roaches.Should of just stayed in a non smoking room in 1 of the other places.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert N

Dear Guest,

I’m glad we could accommodate you when others could not. I’m also pleased we met your needs, although I apologize that we fell short of your expectations in some ways. We’ve improved in many ways since your stay and hope you will try us again. You’ll find a much better experience now.