“RUN!!”

Guest Cottage & Suites
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This was my worse experience ever as a traveler. The hotel was dirty, unkept, and abandoned. Upon entering this hotel it appears as if it did not evolve with time and that it is a throw back of a 70's hotel. The floor plan out dated, the sheets out dated and dirty. The room reeked of stinch in the air as if the room had been closed up for months. There was an odor that was embedded in my clothes from the room. I had to wash my clothes several times before the scent attempted to go away. The front office have a can of spray available for customers with anticipation that their customers are going to ask for some type of spray to try and eliminate the odors in the room and in the bedding. After looking and smelling how disgusted this room was I attempted to use the shower but discovered that there was no hot water. The bathtub had brown dirt stains in the tub. The ceiling in the room also had brown stains as if the ceiling had been leaking at one time or another in this room. The door entering the room was scratched and all ding and dented up. The paint on the door was chipped and needed to be painted. I have never seen a hotel like this before and I encourage anyone to RUN.. this hotel is outdated, does not sleep comfortable, will have your clothes and belongings smelling like the unknown.

Stayed: April 2017
guestcottagesuites, Webmaster at Guest Cottage & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I’m very sorry we couldn’t meet your needs or expectations. We take great pride in being a pleasant, friendly and accommodating place to stay, and we obviously let you down in some ways. I hope when you visit the area again you will give us another chance to meet your needs. I’m certain we’ll do better for you next time.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I should have read the reviews more carefully. Nth is was absolutely the worse. There were roaches all over the bathroom and refrigerator. I didn't feel safe, either. There was yelling outside our room at nights and suspicious activity going on behind the hotel. The manager during the day was. I've but the nighttime lady was rude. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
guestcottagesuites, Webmaster at Guest Cottage & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry you weren’t pleased with your experience here. I sincerely regret that we weren't a good match for your needs. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I apologize that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Run down, moldy pool, bad smell in the front desk as if someone is cooking, no iron and ironing board. When you come at the desk the agent is at the back, it was dark and you can't see him because there's no light. I think that was his bedroom or something. He just shouted, "what do you want?" Very impolite!! The room needs to be renovated, I think the whole area needs to be remodeled. I feel sorry for my friend who chooses that hotel.

Room Tip: don't mind staying here!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Our goal is complete satisfaction for everyone. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Dingy, dusky little cheap motel. Friday and Saturday nights frequented by "craiglist" hookers and dancers from the local strip club. Far too many unsavory characters in and out all night. Might want to take that black light with you to check for body fluids before you lay your head down - yuck*!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank tbevill

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I apologize that other guests made you uncomfortable and that you didn’t like the overall look and feel of our hotel. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments are very important to us. If we let you down, I apologize. We have taken note of these comments to make sure we do better than ever for future guests. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Roaches everywhere. Depressing and disgusting. The infestation of roaches is severe. Went to use bathroom and turned to flush toilet and there was one crawling out of toilet bowl onto the seat. I had not been there 10 minutes. I would have left but couldn't due to my circumstances. I bought every roach killer I could because I had to stay a few days but it did not help. The roaches continued to come out of everywhere. It was truly the most depressing atmosphere.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
6  Thank Deanna S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. A lot has changed here since your stay. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your needs. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at making the hotel better than ever before. I hope you will visit again and see how we’re getting better every day. You’ll be surprised by all the positive changes.