“Wonderful! ”

Pho #1
Ranked #68 of 221 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I go to Pho #1 twice a month or whenever I crave Pho with rare steak! There is nothing fancy about this place, but the food is outstanding, the service is great and the owners are very friendly and customer oriented.
Give Pho#1 a try....you'll love it!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Went here to get some phō for the chilly weather in Brunswick.

I know my phō when I see one. I could definitely say that the food here is authentic. (I'm South East Asian)

I ordered beef phō. The heart of the phō is the broth. The broth is kind of lacklustre since there isn't enough complexity and depth that a usual phō would have. But given the scarce resources here in Brunswick area when it comes to ingredients(hence the minimal taste of ginger, fennel and star anise), they've done a pretty good job in still making it authentic so I am lenient with my score here.

Overall the food is decent and it really gets the job done of being a hearty dish.

Kudos to the lady that took care of me when I ate there.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Everytime we go there, I always have the beef bulgogi and it's really good and their boba drink is one of the must try too!!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I want to make some Asian food for my special guest. I went there and hope to get some Chinese vegetable. They don't have any fresh product.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Walked in for lunch at about 11:30 on a weekday. So far, I'm the only one. I seated myself and soon a gentleman came out and brought a menu. Fare looked to be limited, but most of what you'd expect at any small Vietnamese restaurant. I ordered a Coke and he went over to a cooler and brought back a Dr. Pepper in a can. Really? No Coke in a Southern Restaurant? But, that's OK. I ordered an appetizer which he said wasn't available any more and he suggested the egg roll. I ordered that and the House Special Fried Rice. He walked to the kitchen and began preparing my meal himself. Another customer walked in and he waited on her as well. By the time a third customer entered, another employee came in and started waiting on her and the gentleman remained in the kitchen. All of the food was above average, but not great. Nothing set it apart from any fast food Chinese restaurant. Next time, I'll try ordering something more ethically Vietnamese. But I was thankful of one thing - a bowl of chili sauce was on each table. Usually, you have to ask for it and most restaurants then go to whatever table is using it and ask if they're through.