“Great food and music ”
Review of Mi Casa Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Mi Casa Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Family style with simple tables
Great food at a good price
Service was quick, friendly and courteous
We enjoyed our meal at the bar and quick access to the interstate

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Having thought the margaritas were $1.99 each, we soon learnt that only applies to Mon thru Thurs.
However, what we had were good drinks at $5.99 each. We went on a Friday and as we were early, we missed the five piece band performing later in the evening outside. We will be back.
I had the spicy grilled chicken salad and it was excellent although I did break out in a serious sweat.
Two choices - small or regular. The small one was quite sufficient for me.
Service was exceptional and very attentive without being overly pushy.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great food! Family oriented restaurant with authentic Mexican. Clean! Staff and owners are courteous and involved. Been here many times and always enjoy the meal. My only small complaint is that occasionally there is a family eating where the children are screaming and out of control. I think staff should say something as it is uncomfortable for other patrons.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We visited around 6:30 on a Sunday night. The restaurant is very atmospheric and warm. Service was good and our server attentive. The problem was the food. We ordered the enchiladas plate. My partner thought it was ok but nothing to order again as it was a bit odd. I disliked it. It was a platter of four - one stuffed with cheese, one chicken, one beef, one bean. The beef was the best tasting beef I've had a Mexican restaurant in the states. But they just didn't taste like enchiladas. The meat was wrapped in a corn tortilla, sauce poured on it, salad layered over it and a dollop of sour cream on top. I think of enchiladas as a gooey baked concoction. These were more like soft tacos with tomato sauce and salad. In talking with our server we discovered this was normal and was a Mexican variation. The sauce also didn't taste like enchilada sauce to me -which our server again said was normal. In addition, while our plates were so hot we couldn't touch them the food was just warm. The cheese enchilada's inside had hardened into an eraser like mass. The chips – usually a safe bet at any Mexican restaurant – were also strangely flavorless. Little salt and not tasting like corn. However – when piled with guacamole and salsa they were fine. we agreed this tasted like something we could've whipped up at home in 20 minutes. We will likely try this place again as there are few Mexican places in Brunswick. But we may try cooking Mexican at home first.... forgot to mention – margaritas were OK. The glass was huge which was nice. Helped with the food!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Just had dinner. Standard Mexican food but well prepared. Service was First rate. Not our first time here and it won't be our last.

Date of visit: December 2016