“A good night out!”

Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garnett Street
Description: Adam's Restaurant and Piano Bar is an American Mediterranean steak house located in Historic Buford. Adam's offers a unique, upscale dining experience to fit almost any budget. Adam’s is locally owned and professionally managed by Adam Kantback, who has over 30 years of culinary and restaurant experience. Studied and refined his passion for food in Sweden and Europe, Kantback brings an international menu to Historic Buford. Kantback previously owned and operated three restaurants in Charlotte, North Carolina – “Adam’s at Ballantyne,” “The Bridge Café, “ and “La Bibliotheque,” – all of which received the coveted AAA Four Diamond Award 15 years in a row.
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I recommend Adam's for the cuisine, excellent. But, also, the staff is super! They are attractive, kind and competent.

The piano and singing on the weekends is a good addition to a nice night out.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I met some friends here and the food was amazing! I loved the filet! Cooked perfect! The singer was just so, so. Food was a bit pricey, so would go back for special occasion.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Pricey for food offerings. Claims to be fine dining but food is just OK. Nice atmosphere in downtown Buford.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We ate at Adam's for the first time on Valentine's Day. With our OpenTable reservation, we walked right in and were promptly seated by the front window. It was a nice view, being able to watch the hustle and bustle of downtown Buford (lol), but we didn't see much more of the restaurant because this section is separated from the waiting area by a 6 foot wall. There were plenty of choices on the Valentine's Day menu to meet anyone's appetite. The wine selection was decent. I had a moscow mule and it wasn't the best. The glass was stuffed with ice, so I believe the actual drink would have actually fit in 1 1/2 shotglasses. We split a wedge salad, which was slightly better than average. We tried the homemade bread and hand whipped butter (three flavors), which was good. My wife had the lobster tail appetizer as her entree and it was delicious. Breaded with panko and deep fried, in an awesome ginger-soy butter sauce - scrumptious! I had the gorgonzola crusted filet mignon which could have been mistaken for cotton candy the way it melted in my mouth. It was cooked perfectly to my liking and served on a huge helping of whipped potatoes with onion strings and a port wine reduction. I'm getting hungry just thinking about how good it was. I mentioned it was Valentine's and the management of the restaurant added a nice touch by giving every female a long-stem rose. It was a little disappointing that they did not have the piano player even though it was a weeknight, but we will be back and hope to experience that next time. Our service was good, acceptable but not exceptional. When I'm dining at a restaurant priced like Adam's (one salad, one appetizer, one entree, two mixed drinks and two glasses of wine - $120), my expectations are a little higher. Overall, we had a great, romantic Valentine's dinner at Adam's and will be visiting again soon!

adamsrestaurant, Manager at Adam's Restaurant and Piano Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate constructive criticism. Apologies about your Moscow Mule, if this happens again on your next visit, please ask your server to have the cocktail remade at no additional cost.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves and sadly you must have dined prior to 7:30 p.m., because the piano player started at 7:30 p.m. and played throughout the evening until closing at 10 p.m.

If you come back and see us, join us on Friday and Saturday evening beginning at 7 p.m. as that's when our piano player begins playing.

Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We enjoyed most of our food choices for dinner which included salmon and sword fish. The salmon was fresh and the sauce was very good. The sword fish also tasted fresh, but when we ordered it "blackened", we meant blackened seasoning and not burn it on all four sides making it the color black. You would think a chef in a "fine dining" restaurant would know that. The spinach salad was exceptional!

The bar is cool with a golden glow around it and loved the piano player!

Hi JenBeaches!

Thank you for your feedback. Apologies your swordfish was burnt! Did you tell your server about it? If not, please mention this as we would want to correct this issue right away so you may enjoy your meal and experience at our restaurant.

I will share your feedback with our chef and his team so this doesn't happen again.

Thank you and see you soon!