“Much too loud”

Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garnett Street
Description: Adam's Restaurant and Piano Bar is an American Mediterranean steak house located in Historic Buford. Adam's offers a unique, upscale dining experience to fit almost any budget. Adam’s is locally owned and professionally managed by Adam Kantback, who has over 30 years of culinary and restaurant experience. Studied and refined his passion for food in Sweden and Europe, Kantback brings an international menu to Historic Buford. Kantback previously owned and operated three restaurants in Charlotte, North Carolina – “Adam’s at Ballantyne,” “The Bridge Café, “ and “La Bibliotheque,” – all of which received the coveted AAA Four Diamond Award 15 years in a row.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The trout almondine was a real disappointment-hardly any almonds and it didn't taste very good.
The prime rib was wonderful and perfectly prepared. The waiter wanted to rush us and rudely huffed off when we were not prepared to order. The lady playing the piano was good but since they were only seating people very close by and there was no insulation in the one small room available the noise was awful. We asked that they open the next area but the answer was a flat no. The waiter interrupted our conversation and said pass me the empty plates. Really? If they wanted the table so badly then they should have opened the next large empty area! My brother and sister in law were with us and we wanted to show them the nice restaurants in Buford. I was embarrassed by this place and we will not be back.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I remember the first time we visited Adam's a couple of years ago. We sat within singing distance of the piano. I have never had so much fun; now that is saying a lot for a guy who was 73 at the time. Piano player was just superb. And the food was good, drinks were well made. and service outstanding. One of my favorites; we visit there at least twice a year. It is just that Main Street Buford has such an excellent selection of fine dining. Visit them all!!!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Dined at Adam's pre-theater. There were 8 of us. Our waiter was Sean (Shaun?) and he was fun, irreverent and enjoyable and excellent. Our drinks, food, and service were top notch in spite of a very busy evening at the restaurant. (Like I mean 32 prom goers near us & every other table in the place occupied). Our dinners included salmon, and filet of beef and mussels. Our dining companions and us loved the appetizers and the entrees. Very happy with our experience. Atmosphere nice.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I have been to Adams several times and I would rate the food as very good. The service really struggles. This is perplexing because I love the atmosphere, food quality, and selection. The last two times I brought clients there with the expectations service would improve, and we were again dissapointed. Everyone loved the food, and the staff is attentive, but very simple things like opening a bottle of wine, understanding what the specials are, knowing the difference between gorgonzola and mushroom sauce are a huge struggle. I really want to come back, but the service knowledge HAS to improve. You have accomplished the tough part, which is the quality of the food. I would recommend a basic training of the wait staff on the easy things.

1  Thank Kaytan85
adamsrestaurant, Manager at Adam's Restaurant and Piano Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

We appreciate your feedback and we are in the process of hiring and retraining staff members so that our service can match the excellence of our food and ambiance. We would love to invite you to come back and dine with us this summer!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I was downtown Buford and craving real food for lunch. Picked up carry out for hubby and myself. Best burger ever, huge with bacon, sautéed onions, cheese. Also got Philly Cheese steak that was equally as good. I think each entree was around $10 and well worth it Will go back and try one of there lunch specials Seemed like a lovely place for a business or relaxing lunch

1  Thank MSmith0