“Quick dinner”

Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint
Ranked #50 of 253 Restaurants in Buford
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

After a hard day of hiking and sight-seeing, took a chance on the pizza joint down the road from the hotel. That's right, they call themselves a pizza joint. No frills, order off the big board from the friendly people behind the pizza assembly line, pay at the end, take a seat and wait a very few minutes for the pizza, in this case, two pizzas, to be brought to the table.
This place may be no frills, but the ingredients and baking don't skimp.
The crust had the good char of a serious pizza oven like the ones encountered in gourmet places.
Liked it a lot.

1  Thank Gary C

Reviewed 5 March 2016

This may just be at the Buford Location. We haven't eaten there in about over a year. So we decided to give it a try again. I love their pizzas. But I have also been boycotting them since they got rid of their delicious blonde m&m brownies that they were always out of and the before manager would always cut me a fresh one. But corporate had to get rid of them, I don't know why if they sold well and were always out. So we went on February 27 2016 for dinner. And Maddios is usually packed, in this case it wasn't packed as it usually is. We made our own two 9 inch pizzas which they were fine but my third topping was basil and some of my pizza didn't even have it on there, you think if it was my third topping I could of had more. I am not sure if the lady was the manager but she brought me a DIRTY plate to eat salad off of which was a waste of $4.00 wilted lettuce and diced tomatoes! that is not a salad worth $4. Then she brought us paper plates for our pizza. They were also out of forks she gave us a plastic fork to eat our pizza with and they were out of straws!! Which just confused everyone that was looking. But a Dirty Plate, out of straws and forks!! You had to go ask for your own. And that's not even the best part my phone number doesn't work because I apparently have to go online myself to get my points. Ridiculous it could just be that location possibly if any one knows of a better maddios please let me know. When I told the lady that was the cashier we hadn't been back since the blonde brownies disappeared and she just said oh and walk away like she could of care less. the only good thing was the girl that took our order I am sorry I do not know their name, they were friendly. Hugely DISSAPPOINTED I want my $4.00 dollars back for the salad. Sad to say I will not be returning! And we use to go about 4xs a month so loss of good customers to them.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

I see quite a few negative reviews but I have to say that this is the best pizza I have evr eaten....yes ever. I get around and try all sorts of pizza joints but I haven't found one with the flavors their pizza has. It's hard to describe but I recommend you try it. I often get the BBQ chicken pizza. Service is a bunch of teenagers running the place but who cares if the food is that good.

2  Thank Jekell101
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Used to Love this place went at least once / twice a week. Take and bake was the best and Scully's chili was always available and the wife Loved the salads. Now prices have gone way up especially lunch specials, was told that no more take and bake (manager decison)and excuses why they didn't have Scully's chili, and the wife said they have changed the salads for the worse. with all that I regretfully have to say that uncle maddio's is not our favorite uncle anymore.

Sam B, Manager at Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Hi! I am so sorry you've had this experience. There have been a lot of changes coorprate has been making to our menu including all prices going up $1 and take and bakes not being promoted anymore so I apologize if something you liked went away. May I ask what salads were changed that you experienced? Chili is also now required for all stores to have at all times. Please let me know specifically which items you missed and hopefully we can earn your business back.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

We gave this place a try and were not impressed. On a Friday night we left one local pizza restaurant because they were so packed there was a pretty long wait for a table. Went to Maddio's because it close by. We ordered the portobello pesto pizza. You can watch them make the pizza in front of you. I stood there and watched the girl put the pesto on the pizza (which is the only sauce) and her container was basically empty. She kept beating the plastic container on the counter. She used her gloved hand to smear the tiny bit of sauce then loaded up the toppings. She told a co-worker the sauce containers were all empty and needed refills. We paid the unfriendly register employee $16.00 for a medium pizza with virtually no sauce. The pizza toppings were fresh and it would have been better if it wasn't dry. You have to get your own plates and drinks no service at all. There was only one other customer in the entire place. Pizza joints are everywhere and this place needs improvement to catch up with the competition. I would not recommend this place.

Hi! First off I would like to apologize for the experience you had when you were at our store. I would like to let you know a lot of changes are currently being made to improve everything you had a problem with. Your cups should have been given to you and yes the plates are available at the drink station if you would like them but that's no excuse for bad customer service. Even though we do not have actual servers and do not wait tables the entire staff is expected to do everything they can to make customers happy and make them feel welcomed. So again I'd like to apologize on behalf of the staff that was there at the time and I would love to be able to earn your business back.