“Best Breakfast, Bar None!”

Jerry's Country Kitchen
Ranked #32 of 161 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Jerry's Country Kitchen has long been my all time favorite breakfast place to eat, the cat head biscuits are huge and stuffed with all the good stuff, if you have time and can get in to Jerry's to sit down and eat, you better have a place to nap afterwards, because you wont leave hungry for sure....

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Jerry's has been a tradition for breakfast for many years and hey continue to provide early fare for customers. There is biscuits are really good and the selections are many.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

I ate there once for a Saturday breakfast. We enjoyed a large pancake and hot coffee. i barely could finish the monster pancake. it is a hole in the wall but a great place to eat.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

We went here on Christmas Eve morning, our first time ever going, and although the service was fast it was terrible and my boyfriend and I have been talking about it ever since. First of all, like one reviewer said before me, no one greeted us as we walked in and we just had to assume that we seated ourselves. Jerry (the old woman) just stared at us while she was at the register, at the front door. Our waiter was friendly and fast so there was no complaints with him but jerry was being openly rude and unwelcoming even though she wasn't serving us. Apparently there are a lot of regulars that go here so one of them said "yall are pretty busy today" to which she replied "yeah I'm seeing a lot of faces I've never seen before" Shortly after that we received our food, 2 sausage and gravy "biskits" and one side of "aigs". They weren't terrible but I've had better biscuits at Jacks although the ones here were huge. As I was eating there were ants crawling on the wall next to me and one was crawling on my plate. I didn't say anything to anyone except my boyfriend who was eating with me. When we went to pay, Jerry rang us up for 18 dollars and some change for what we got with a coffee and a dr pepper. We were in a hurry so we didn't ask why it was so expensive for what we got but we did stand there while she rung it up silently and she didn't say anything to us when we stood there for a moment waiting for more change. We got home and thought that it was really expensive and looked up the menu online and added everything up and she charged us 8 dollars more than she should have. I've heard this lady is scenile so maybe that was why she was so rude and over charged us but she shouldn't treat her new customers, or anyone like that. She didn't tell us to have a good day and when I told her merry Christmas she just stared at me as we left. I'll never be coming back.

3  Thank Krista W
Reviewed 6 November 2015

I am working on and off in Carrollton for business. Really wanted a good breakfast instead of just stopping at the coffee shop like I usually do, and this place is rated #1 on Yelp for breakfast. Right away, my colleague and I felt uncomfortable: We walked in the door and an older woman (maybe Jerry, based on other reviews?) was standing right behind the counter at the door facing us. I said "Good morning!" and she said nothing, just looked at us. I finally had to ask if we just seat ourselves and she nodded. She asked what we wanted to drink, and we both ordered water and coffee - she got those items and set them on the table without a word. I said "Thank you!" and she said nothing. We tried to shake that off and ordered our meal - what came out was not good. I'm not sure what happened to the bacon - it had a very hard dry consistency that made me think it was cooked twice. the hash browns were oily and hard, the "aigs" were okay, and my toast was fine. My colleague didn't like his omelet or bacon. When we went up to the register to pay, there was more awkwardness when my colleague handed over his credit card, and the same woman ran it through their machine. It was taking an inordinate amount of time, to the point where he asked if she needed a different card because he assumed the issue was with his card for some reason. She just turned around and said "No, machine is slow"...alrighty, why not alert us to that during the waiting period without the customers having to ask if everything was okay? The next day, we went to the IHOP and received a friendly welcome and good service, so Jerry's doesn't need to worry that we'll ever be darkening their door again, which is a shame, because I usually always prefer to eat at independent restaurants instead of chains.

3  Thank Ruth P