“Decent meal with best pecan pie ever!”
Review of Southbound

Southbound
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Chamblee
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Housed in a building from the last 1800s, Southbound offers diners creative southern comfort food in a casual atmosphere. Great for a quick burger, a romantic date night, or a large celebration, Southbound is an inviting neighborhood hang-out.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The hot chicken was excellent, but the short ribs were just so-so; and the Brisket Ramen was just weird to me.
I often find these nouveau southern restaurants to be hit-and-miss; probably best to stick with the classics.
Still, the bourbon pecan pie was alone worth the trip...Seriously, even if you don't think you like pecan pie, you should try this!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Southbound is near my office and is a frequent lunch destination for my co-workers and I. It has always been one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta but it seems to have really gone downhill in the last three months or so.

We went for a group lunch in October 2017. A co-worker of mine had a bill that came to $16.25 and she gave a $20 and asked for change back. The waitress came back with $3.00. My friend stopped and told her that she should actually be getting $3.75 back. The waitress told her that when cash was involved, it was the restaurant policy to round numbers. So, that's a weird policy. If you want people to pay $17.00, that is what you should bill them for. And if you are rounding, wouldn't you round down to the nearest dollar instead of up? It wasn't the money so much as the principle of the thing and the fact that the waitress was kind of witch about it.

Then I went back again in December 2017 for a holiday party. The service was terrible. It took almost 25 minutes to get our drink order taken. One friend had the Cuban sandwich and sent it back because it was so burned. I had the brisket. It was burned to a crisp. I probably should have sent it back but we had been there over an hour at this point so I just ate my fries and let it go.

A few days later in December I met another friend for dinner. Again, the service was really slow and we never got drink refills. The music was so loud that we could hardly hear each other. I had the veggie plate which was average and once again the cornbread was burned to a crisp.

I hope the management reads these comments and moves to restore Southbound to the dining treasure that it once was.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Delightful urban joint along Chamblee’s Prachtree Rd.
Welcoming staff, lovely menu and warm wood tones, together with an industrial vibe makes for an outstanding evening!

Loved the menu choices...fried green tomatoes and warm bowl of tomato bisque started us off. We then tried the Wild Ga shrimp with ciabatta which was a huge bowl of yumminess.. use the ciabatta to soak up all the goodness!
And the chicken sausage polenta with smoked eggplant! Another bowl that had perfect portions of creamy polenta, small hot peppers, tomatoes and sausage.
Both dishes were warm and delish on this cold Southern night!!

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Just had lunch here and was very disappointed. The catfish on the fried catfish sandwich was so tiny I sent it back. I'm not paying for a speck of protein dwarfed by the bun. What I received was only marginally larger. My husband ordered the brisket, and said it was overdone to the point of being chewy and dry. The fried green tomatoes were so over-fried that we were in danger of breaking a tooth. Stick with soup, salad and beer here.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Southern classics with a twist. The vegetable plate is reasonably priced and tasty. Loved the cornbread. My husband really enjoyed the ribs! Desserts were good, too, although the banana pudding had a bit of a liquor flavor - couldn't put my finger on it, but would have preferred a more traditional flavor.