“Supper nice hotel but the name college park is a misnomer for the area”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel staff were super nice (esp the late night 2AM guy who checked us in). The mattress was great. The room was very clean and elegant. However starting early in the morning I was awakened by planes landing and taking off. Atl has twin runways and if felt like we were in the tower (we were on an upper floor). Secondly the area around the hotel did not feel super safe. The police were around watching the hotel parking lot so obviously there is an effort to keep it safe.
When we checked in there was a homeless guy in front of the lobby being questioned by police and the next day there were 2 cruisers watching the parking lot.
They probably need to fence off the parking lot where abuts the park and ride to control some of this. However the hotel was awesome and everyone we met who worked there were super friendly. The indigo concept is to be front runners in up and coming neighborhoods and I have to praise them for that the business district 2 blocks away shows tremendous potential and is in the middle of several renovations. We walked back from the Atl subway stop to the hotel in late afternoon, and did not have any problems - but I wouldn't have done it at night. Don't let the term "college park" throw you - it is not a very safe area even though it has a lot of potential.

Room Tip: facing away from airport?
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2017

Good Day,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback, as we use the information as a learning and empowering tool.
My team and I strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests. My goal as the Assistant General Manager is to improve our Service and Product.

I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to helping you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Unfortunately this nicely appointed facility sits tooooo close to the world's busiest airport. That may be a good thing if you are planning a trip to fly out- however, be warned the airplane felt like it was landing in my room. It seems that air travel slows down after midnight. Also, as slow as the internet is- it is a stretch to call it High Speed WiFi.

Room Tip: If you stay only get rooms with LOW numbers in each floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Good Day,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Hotel Indigo ATLANTA AIRPORT - COLLEGE PARK I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 4047678881 or eraines@peachtreehotelgroup.com.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This is a hotel I often stay at for work. All the airport hotels pick up in zones at the airport. This hotel runs vans every 30 minutes so I have made a practice of not calling the hotel for pickup; I just go to the zone expecting a van at :15 or :45. On this visit no van appeared so I called the hotel only to find out they weren't running a van; they offered to pay for a cab. Lesson Learned: Call EVERY STAY to ensure the van is running. On checkin I was assigned a room but the key card didn't work; front desk made me a new one. HINT: If the key doesn't work there is probably a reason. There was...I totally surprized a woman in the room..glad I called out "Hello" before I stepped in. I got a different room a bit later. All in all this is a decent hotel but if they really want to make it the "great day at Hotel Indigo" (how they answer the phone) they need to pay a little more attention to detail and staff the van more reliably.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Great hotel but food is not the strong suit. Dining area is pleasant and comfortable but the limited menu is overpriced like the drinks. Convenient to marta near airport has the potential to be good but caters to expense accounts not neighbors.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 10 June 2017

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, Amazing, Heartwarming, Bed&Pillows⛅⛅ sent directly⛅ from Heaven⛅
Fitness is my new gig now!!
Just because you are away from home workout never ends & progress never sleeps!!!!!!! I had an amazing workout in your super clean gym. Just a few doors down the hall from my room...how's that for convenience!! No excuses needed...lol!!
From the entrances to exits staff extremely polite, pleasant & professional!!!!!! I can not wait for a repeat trip. I highly recommend this location to recharge your life batteries!!
Thank you so very much Hotel Indigo, you guys R.O.C.K.!♡!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
1.6 km away
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!