“Best shrimp and grits ever”
Review of The Corner Grille

The Corner Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Corner Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The CORNER grille serves Lunch and Dinner daily & Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-3pm. Entrees are New American with Cajun Influences using a combination of Steak, Seafood and Chicken. The Corner Grille also serves Beer and Wine. Choose entrees from the menu or step outside the box and try one of the daily specials. Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday 11am-9pm, Saturday 9am-9pm & Sunday9am-9pm.
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Because I live quite north of the Mason-Dixon line, I am always on a quest for great shrimp and grits whenever I get to travel south. Today I did find the Holy Grail at The Corner Grille. They presented to me the most delicious, most perfect shrimp and grts I have ever encountered. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, firm in bite, a dusting of spices to give them just enough flavor to make them pop. The grits- some cheese and green onions, grits are usually just a vehicle for other flavors but these grits could have stood on their own.

We also split an order of shrimp and corn fritters which were top notch- not greasy, not over cooked (nor were they undercooked, which would be equally as yechy as overcooked) with a nice zesty sauce.

My husband had a juicy rib eye with hand cut flavorful fries.

The service was super friendly and efficient. I can totally see why and agree with) they are #1 in College Park.

1  Thank snoopydoo

Reviewed 10 February 2017

The food was wonderful, service was great and we happened to be there on Super Bowl Sunday and they played the Half Time Show for us.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I have eaten at The Corner Grille in downtown College Park, Ga. several times. Each time has been a real treat. The service was fast and good and the food was absolutely delicious. Having recommended it to several other people, everyone has called to thank me. Although the restaurant is small in size, it's definitely worth the wait.

I must highlight the Chicken and Waffles, which is usually my brunch favorite. The waffle is flavorful and the boneless chicken breast are always perfect and filling. Although everything is good, I also would recommend the Seafood Omelet and any of the fish options of the day - you can't go wrong!! And yes, they also have a full bar.

1  Thank H2Publicity
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Never expected to find this well appointed and delicious and imaginative food. Delightful waitstaff. There's some construction going on in the street in front but that was our only inconvenience

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This is a small place, maybe 15-20 tables, with a small menu and two types of soda; Sprite & Coke (nothing diet) that is served in bottles. There was a wait for a table, but the vibe was good and the hostess was friendly. The service was a bit slow, but I'm not sure if that was because of the kitchen or because the staff was training. My husband ordered the spinach omlet & said it was really good, my friend got the shrimp & grits, while her husband & I ordered chicken strips. We were all happy with our meal, and enjoyed the bignets as an appetizer.

We were only allowed to order from the breakfast menu (when searching their online menu it stated breakfast 9AM-3PM only which we took to mean that one couldn't order from the breakfast menu after 3PM), and when we decided on this restaurant we'd chosen it because of their lunch/dinner menu.

If you're looking for a wide variety on the menu, this is not the place for you. If you want to take your time, are not in a hurry, and don't mind not getting refills on your beverages.....then you've found your spot.