US$50
US$64
Priceline
All reviewsback roadssouthern hospitalityswampgravyfurnishingskey
Reviewed 16 October 2008

This was our second trip to Colquitt for Swamp Gravy. Our first stay at the Tarrer Inn.

They were likely the most accomodating hotel I have ever stayed with. We did not have reservations for dinner, since we had eaten there before and wanted to try a different restaurant. When we arrived at the other restaurant it was closed for a Christmas party. We went back to the Tarrer and ask if they had room. They said give them a few minutes and they would see. When they called back and said come on down, we went out to their patio where they had set up a table with candles. There was no one else outside and we felt like we were on our honeymoon all over again.

We ended up having to leave at midnight because of an severe accident to our son. I called the Inn the next morning and informed them why we left during the night. A few days later we received a card with well wishes for our son and a note saying that we would not be charged for the room, only for the dinner.

Great Southern Hospitality and great entertainment at Swamp Gravy.

If you get the chance take a weekend here!!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank mcw123456
Reviewed 26 October 2005

We have stayed at the Tarrer Inn before and will continue to go back. You must go see the town's production of Swamp Gravy if you ever get the chance. We are going to buy a large group of tickets to give to friends for Christmas for the March/April production.

This stay at the Inn was not as wonderful as our previous stays but we still loved it. The building is beautiful. The grand staircase takes you to the upper level where the majority of the rooms are located. Our room had a musty (closed up) smell. I asked for candle and they gladly provided one along with some air freshener. The room was very clean and is decorated with antiques as are all rooms. We love sitting out on the balcony in the evening. The Inn is on the square of the little town and is very nice.

Any meal you can have at the Inn is wonderful! Be sure to make reservations. I highly recommend all of the food. Try the swamp gravy. I grew up eating it but those who have never had it really like it. You eat it with your cornbread. The breakfast is also great.

One good thing about small towns, husbands (or wives!) can sit in the drawing room and see an SEC game while their spouses shop for antiques just across the street or around the square. We went with friends and they loved it. They had never been but plan on returning with us in the Spring. My friend and I like it because we could shop while our husbands were distracted with the Georgia game!

My father is from Colquitt, so I have a special place in my heart for this community. If you want to see what small town Southern America is, plan on spending a weekend. I think you'll be glad you did!

P.S. Be sure to try the Mayhaw jelly!

• Stayed: October 2005