“Really great place for dinner...upstairs has live music too”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #3 of 563 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Loft is a 2 level restaurant with a live music venue upstairs. Amazing food, friendly service, and delicious drinks mixed with an atmosphere you won't find anywhere else at the hub of Uptown Columbus! The Loft is a Columbus Uptown favorite, a family run business rooted in local history since 1992, combining food, fun, and music in a scrumptious and unique way. It has always been our family's goal to share with our patron's quality and value in a casual atmosphere. In short, if you love extraordinary food, the best in live entertainment plus a warm and welcoming service staff, come spend the evening with us!
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This place is in the heart of downtown Columbus within walking distance from the River Center, The Springer and the Riverwalk. Great lunch and dinner menu and if you like you can go to the upstairs loft where you can find live music on certain nights.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Simply wonderful service, excellent food very well done. We dined here several years ago on the way to the gulf. We just dined there again coming home this time. Consistency is unusual in the restaurant business and can be found at this gem of a restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience. Service is stellar, food is better. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were in town for our grandson's military graduation and having looked up restaurants, this was one I for sure wanted to visit. We couldn't get in for lunch as the ceremony was rescheduled, but we were able to have dinner there. Aaron at the restaurant was very pleasant via email when I told him we had to cancel our reservation (they don't usually take reservations but he did when I requested to make sure we could get in). We came on a Wednesday night and while it was busy, the hostess made sure we got a table for our group, so that was great. I was so impressed with everything and can't wait to go back! We ordered the spinach, strawberry, goat cheese salad topped with steak...the steak just melted in your mouth and was more than enough to fill me up...I left half (I wanted dessert, after all!). Another ordered the steak...it also melted in his mouth. One ordered the ravioli and loved it. The burgers were good as well. Dessert was to die for! Mamma Kay's Coconut Cake (OMG!), Gourmet Carrot Cake (this cake was probably 7 inches tall...no kidding! AND FANTASTIC!) and the Caramel Apple Pie...warm (delicious!). The table also ordered several beers and tea. Our bill wasn't even $170...you can't beat that!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

In an older building downtown, large bar and seating area. The food was awesome... I had the Grouper with wilted spinach and Cheese grits, very well prepared. My friend had the pork chop of which I tasted and it was spectacular, unlike I've had before.
Save room for their beautiful desserts.
I recommend getting there before 7 or get a reservation because the locals go here and they run out of the specials occasionally (I've been here twice on two trips to Columbus). I love this place.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner and had the ribeye. Food was reasonably priced. Very good atmosphere.
Be aware they are not open all day. Check there hours before going.

Been to The Loft? Share your experiences!