“Wonderful gem of a restaurant in Columbus, GA!!!”

Mabella's Italian Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 579 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Our party of 8 people ate here recently to celebrate my nephew's graduation from Basic Training at Fort Benning. What a terrific meal we had!!! We ate upstairs by the window - which was perfect for us. Each of us had something different and no one had even a mediocre meal! The wait staff was attentive without being over bearing. At first I was nervous about the price point for our large party (meals ranged from $16 to $26) but the quality and quantity of the food was great! We had a perfectly lovely evening!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

MaBella's is great! Yes, it is a little loud, but no louder than one should expect for a popular restaurant in a historic building. I have had several entrees there and love most the grouper (with delicious bacon and date brussels sprouts). Crab fritter appetizer is also excellent. The wine list is not extensive, but everyone can find something in their price range. Service is great, too.

1  Thank HoneymoonJen
Reviewed 5 July 2015

We started out at a restaurant that was highly rated on TripAdvisor and they were swamped so we strolled to this one. As some people came out of the restaurant we asked how the food was. They raved about it so we took a chance. The hostess said it would take a while, so we took a seat at the bar. Nice ambiance. Hot bread with seasonings brought to us at our table, then the steaks came. I had filet mignon and my husband had the N.Y. strip. They were cooked to perfection. Food was terrific.Will definitely return on our next trip through.

1  Thank GoldiFlorida
Reviewed 2 July 2015

This place is not cheap. It's also crowded and noisy on Saturday night but the food is really good. I took my wife here for our wedding anniversary and we had a good time. Our waitress was very attentive. Nice place.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I was very impressed by this meal. We had the fried cheese appetizer (SO delicious) and the mussels (I'm not a seafood person but I actually really enjoyed this). I had the Kale salad with chicken which I swear to you was the best salad I've ever had. The house salad is also great! I was so tempted to return to this restaurant every day of my trip and get a Kale salad to go! Really great environment, nicely decorated, delicious cocktails. Try it!