“It's been one our favorite restaurants for years!”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #4 of 190 Restaurants in Conyers
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Reviewed 19 December 2015

Jim ‘N Nick’s in Conyers has been one our favorite restaurants for years and now we share this with you. We’ve had many favorable experiences at this particular restaurant over a long period of time and just like a fisherman doesn’t like to reveal his “honey holes”, we have kept this a closely guarded secret. Today we share this you, our readers, and invite you to experience the goodness.

This Jim ‘N Nick’s is rarely without a crowd – and for good reason. They consistently serve high-quality food and mirror that with excellent service. On this particular evening we looked around and realized that we’d been waited on by at least half of the servers present. We think one indication of a good restaurant, and certainly good management, is the ability to retain servers. When you see a restaurant that’s had servers stay for years, they are doing something right when it comes to their employees. Staff who stay longer tend to hone their craft and really care about the quality of their service and the food that they serve.

We ALWAYS start our meal with a salad as one of our sides. As far as side salads goes, Jim ‘N Nick’s serves up one of the best we’ve ever had. The Side Salad has a nice mix of greens, grated cheddar cheese mix, crushed pecans, fresh bacon bits, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. For a side salad – it’s a winner.

While we’re talking about starters, one of the first items delivered to your table is a basket of cheesy biscuits. If you want to ruin that experience, check out Jim ‘N Nick’s nutrition website and look under bread. It’s pretty easy to knock a half a dozen of these guys down without thinking about it. They are super delicious and highly addictive. The good thing is, they’ll bring you all you want and normally you’ll have some left over to throw in your take-home box to enjoy the next day.

For Melanie, there’s three things she absolutely loves on the Jim ‘N Nick’s menu – the smoked chicken, the ribs and the mac & cheese. As for me, I LOVE the Carolina-style pulled pork that comes with a vinegar pepper sauce. I even get extra sauce to really put the bite into it. YUMMY!

I think the thing we both like about the ribs are the option to get the Classic Spare Ribs, which are the big meaty ribs rather than the Baby Back pork ribs. When they are done right, the meat is perfect and it tastes like ham on a bone. Pretty spectacular.

This evening, Melanie got the combo meat platter with Classic Spare Ribs and Smoked Chicken. Laurie got the Smoked Chicken and I got a double portion of the Carolina-Style Pork with Baked Beans and Hand-Cut Fries. The meat is always perfect and the sides satisfy where at other BBQ joints I wonder if they are simply an afterthought.

Jim ‘N Nicks in Conyers is a favorites of ours. The service is always exemplary and the food is always of a consistent quality. We enjoy this restaurant frequently and we think you will too! Guten appetit!

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

The food isn't really that good , The cheddar corn bread is really delicious though !! I would recommend it , if your a person who loves barbecue . The service was fair , not the best

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Clean place, food very good but sometime it comes out cold.
Service is usually very good. Brunswick stew is average. Pork BBQ is one of the best.
Drinks too pricey and mixes are over powering.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

first- prices are great for what you get and service can not be beaten anywhere. the quality of the food, while still decent, just is not what it used to be (flavor). I suspect a change in technique like all chains that grow, but otherwise, if you like BBQ, give them a try, you will be pleased. there "spice" for purchase I do not recommend, especially the rub

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I had a taste for barbecue yesterday and right where I get my car washed is this barbecue place across the street. I saw a long line for the drive thru and said to myself it must be some good eatings there. So I decided to try it out and wasnt disappointed at all. The baked beans are excellent!!

Been to Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!