All reviews pet charge rooms are great lounge area stayed longer free breakfast room was clean and comfortable staff was very friendly suite atlanta kitchenette appliances dishwasher fireplace interstate
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Firmness of the bed fits to my likings and the guys at reception put me in the room where is very close to the door, which I really appreciate it since I was exhausted when I checked in. The breakfast is nothing special.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you were happy with our bedding. They are quite comfortable. The breakfast we offer is one of the more extensive in the area. Complete with hot and cold items which we rotate so our guests do not get the same breakfast every day. Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we also offer "The Mix" which is a time set aside for our guests to enjoy some unique foods and drinks with other guests staying with us. I am also excited to say that next year we will be under going an extensive renovation.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Plenty of parking. Not exactly dog friendly at $100 pet charge for 15 pound Bichon. Be nice if Marriott would look at that, especially for gold members. Bathroom fan sounded like a jet fighter taking off. Units are showing some age and wear and tear.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for taking time o comment about your stay with us. We do charge the extra since we take additional steps to clean a room which a pet has stayed in since the next guest may have pet allergies and that is what the additional expense is for. We are also slated for a full renovation early next year which we are all excited about. Thanks again for being a uest with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I travel for my job and have 1200 stays with Marriott and I am a Platinum Premier Elite status. I stayed at this hotel for two months. During my stay I came off the elevator and was almost attacked by a guest screaming and hitting the walls in the hallway on drugs who thought I was the police. I placed several calls to the front desk and went down to the front desk to show hotel staff the videos of the man and requested they call the police.

Shortly after this my wife came to visit me on a holiday weekend from out of state. In the middle of the night two intoxicated men entered my room with a key issued by the front desk. My wife was completely undressed and the two men entered my room and approached the bed to try to talk to her and tell her she was in the wrong room. She was screaming at them to get out of the room. The men would not leave the room until I came out of the bathroom and physically placed my hands on the two men and escorted them out of the room. I called the front desk and informed them. The front desk lady acted as if I was lying and said she keyed their key for room 315 and not my room 305. She then asked if I left my door open for the men to “voluntarily” walk in. After I told the front desk exactly what the men were wearing she said she would contact management since she kept claiming she did nothing wrong. I had to place three separate calls to the front desk to tell them to have a manager call me to discuss the incident.

I talked to the hotel general manger almost two weeks after the incident. He stated he just found out about my experiences. I also shared the videos of the man on bath salts in the hotel hallway.

He seemed very concerned over the phone and stated he was very sorry for the way his staff acted after both incidents. He informed me he would do whatever it took to make it right. After several email conversations back and forth with the promises of a large amount of points for my wife and I to use on a vacation, nothing has happened. I have sent several emails to follow up with the hotel general manager with no responses. No points have been added to my account and the general manager refuses to return my emails.

I am very upset with this hotel and Marriott. The incident with two intoxicated men on a Saturday evening entering my room and approaching the bed with my naked wife apparently doesn’t bother this hotel or Marriott. It’s been 7 weeks since I have checked out of the hotel and plenty of time to try and make this experience right.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DerekClaf
Michael D, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Mr. Clafin, I am quite sorry about your stay. Your safety and security is the utmost concern to us. We have taken significant steps, to ensure this does not occur again. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest.
Best Regards and Sage Travels!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This place is great to stay for family however the breakfast was not good this time . The sausage was so Spicy and dry I coughed at the bites of it . I would have gave a 4 but breakfast knocked it down a notch

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kitha L
Chris H, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thanks for your comments. We do pride ourselves on not only offering an extensive breakfast, but quite a varied breakfast offering so our guests do not receive the same offering every day. Every Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday we also have tasty offerings during or evening "Mix" which includes beer and wine. In fact this week we are offering a new feature called "Perfect Pairings" which will pair up a beverage with a unique food offering. Hope you can return and try it out one night.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We have stayed at this Residence Inn before since it's about the midpoint for our drive to Florida. We really appreciate its location just off the interstate, but in a quiet location. The beds are comfortable and the other amenities were notably well-done. Be sure to allow some time to enjoy the fire pit.

A special shout-out to Kay for an exceptional breakfast. In many hotels that include "free breakfast", it's a serious disappointment. But Kay has made hers a standout with a lot of special touches such as perfectly-ripened bananas, name-brand Greek yogurt and scrambled eggs that were exquisite. Also, kudos to Dawn who checked us in and got us the suite we hoped for.

We will be returning next week on our way home!

Room tip: All rooms are easily accessible from the parking lot via several stairwells and a central elevator.
Date of stay: February 2018