“Disappointed ”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel on a Thursday evening at 11:30 pm for a lengthy business stay. No luggage cart was available and I was told that, due to the small size of the hotel (three full floors), it only had one luggage cart. The front desk attendants were pleasant. I got to my room and the air conditioner wouldn't come on, despite turning it down to 60 degrees. I reported back to the front desk and asked for another room as the paint fumes were strong and there was no way to ventilate it. Was told that there were no other rooms, then was told the other rooms were assigned to guests who had not yet checked in, then was told my advance payment for the room tied me to this particular room. Bull. Was told they would submit a work order for the air conditioner.
There was no ice machine in the hotel and no ice trays in my freezer, so I returned to the front desk and requested ice trays and was initially told there were none, but was called back when the clerk remembered there were some in storage.
I have no place around my bed to plug in my iPhone or the hotel-provided alarm clock. Guess I need to buy an extension cord.
The room is supposed to be newly renovated but, come on guys, two new drip plates for the stove would cost like $5.00? The present ones are covered in rust and very unsanitary.
Give me a clean, quiet room with things that work properly and enough conveniently-placed electrical outlets and I am a happy camper. This room seemed clean except for the random drapery hook on the entry way floor (glad I didn't step on it) and the evidence that no vacuum had touched the carpets recently. The tub had random soap bits and stuff in it and the sink... not sure what was coating the bowl of the sink. At least two electrical outlets (the ones behind the beds) were uncovered and there was a hole in the wall behind the shower head that could have been covered with a plate or something.
Overall, very disappointing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We were disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again. We hope you will consider giving us another chance so that we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Long stay. Room 329 had a stench coming from the bathroom.

Requested for extension and was told the price was the same. However, ducing check iut, the price for the extension nights were higher.

Cleanliness average.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Chris, thank you for staying with us. We're sorry to know an odor from the bathroom compromised your experience at our hotel. I will certainly share your feedback with our housekeeping team to ensure deep cleaning is done in the room you mentioned. Also, we regret the inconvenience you had during check-out and believe there would be some communication gap. I suggest you contact our front desk in case if you need any further assistance regarding the rate change that took place. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Overall the stay was ok. I came to relocate from New Jersey for two months. Most of the staff is friendly and appreciate their hospitality. However one major issue caused my opinion to be different. I had an issue with one of my drawers. I told the front desk. I got a call from the woman explaining what the issue was. I came back to my room and found my undergarments(bras and underwear) in a trash bag in front my bed!! Like WTF!! I immediately lost it. Apparently it was against policy to touch customer's belongings. So now I don't trust them when I'm away at work. This is the second time im having issues with this hotel. If they can make changes, then maybe I refer them to my other friends that are planning on relocate.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The incident you mention in your review concern us very much. We pride ourselves on welcoming each of our guests, and we are sorry this was not your experience. Rest assured we will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. Thank you again for your candid feedback, and please consider us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

this place smells like someone cooks fish there all the time. The trash room seemed to never be emptied of trash piles of trash. and the location seemed to be an over flow building it sucked. I would never advise staying here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience during your visit. As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, we are very sorry your room fell short of your expectations. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. We will revisit our deep cleaning program so that we can provide a much better experience in the future. We hope you will consider a future stay as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Was overall happy with my stay and the service. I got there late, but the front desk attendant was great and got me checked in quickly so I could get the rest I needed.

Was a little disappointed with the breakfast, but that was the biggest complaint.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth. We are delighted to know you found your suite comfortable and you were pleased with the exceptional service from our staff. Your feedback in regard to breakfast will be shared with our food and beverage. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
0.2 km away
21 km away
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
32.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Duluth? Share your experiences!