US$209
US$99
US$89
Fairfield Inn
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel(Duluth)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$85
All reviewsfull kitchenpet walk areahotel chainspet feefirst floorbed was very comfortablestayed for one nightfront desk clerkper nightwould stay againlbsrateshighway
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We normally like Staybridge Suites for 3 or more nights when we travel with our dog, but the Staybridge Suites in the area had no vacancy when we had to take a list minute trip to the Duluth area. As such, we thought we would try Candlewood Suites. We will not make this mistake again. Although we knew that Candlewood Suites were a step down from Staybridge -- we had no idea they were a HUGE step down. There is no comparison. The room had a terrible odor, had aged poorly, had cheap furnishings and was filthy, so much so that we would not dare to use any of the utensils in the kitchen. I could go on and on with complaints, however, I won't. I would just highly suggest that if you need to be in the Duluth/Atlanta area and need a pet friendly option that you go elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank MelissaNOLA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear MelissaNOLA,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guests. However, we apologize if we fell short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I am a contract nurse, working around the country. I've stayed in a few hotels in the last year, and let me tell you, this is by far the best brand out there for the price point.
This hotel in particular is clean, with upgraded fixtures. It actually looks like a place some would want to live, instead of just stay.
I was lucky enough to be placed in the room between the elevator and the stairwell on the third floor and unbelievably, this location was incredibly quiet.
The Internet was good and speedy, unlike other brands out there. I'm also a rewards member so it comes free with the room!
The laundry room was clean and free (which was awesome!) and the fitness room was adequate, if only little poorly air conditioned. I liked the convenience of the lending locker and the pantry as well.
My only complaint was the housekeeping. As an extended stay customer, my room was supposed to be cleaned once a week. My scheduled day was Friday. Unfortunately it wasn't done. I informed the desk staff on Saturday and was told that it had to have been done since my day was Friday. After I assured the lady that it hadn't been cleaned, I was told that it would be cleaned on Saturday. Saturday came and went with no housekeeping whatsoever. I went back downstairs to let the staff know and was again assured that it would be done on Sunday. Not only was it not cleaned, I ended up having to change my own sheets and linens. It finally got cleaned on Monday, and not again during the next 9 days I was there. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was heartily displeased with the situation changing my initial 5 star rating into a 3 star.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 832amyk
Candlewood_Atlanta, Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Thank you for your feedback and for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our brand. It is our goal to provide the comforts of home and we are overjoyed you found us to be a place you “would want to live, instead of just stay.” We are glad you enjoyed your room location as we endeavor to specially pick out rooms for our members. We are also blessed you enjoyed our many amenities such as speedy internet, clean and free laundry room, spacious fitness center, convenient lending locker, and plentiful cupboard. However, I am saddened to hear about your experience with housekeeping. A clean room is basic for a good stay and I apologize that your cleaning way delayed. You can be confident that we will address this with our housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. Please accept my apologies, and I hope you will be willing to give us another chance to win you back and earn those other two stars.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

I chose this hotel because my dog (50 lbs) was traveling with me. The room was perfect for my purposes. It was clean, had a full kitchen, and was roomy. The kitchen and bathroom had been recently renovated. The bed was clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the recliner beside the bed! The front desk staff were great--very friendly and helpful. Many restaurants very close by. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a dog!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Candlewood_Atlanta, Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Thank you for your kind review. We understand how important it is to be able to bring your furry family members with you and are glad to hear you both enjoyed your stay. We are also delighted to know you enjoyed our front desk staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. Thank you again for providing a detailed description of our hotel and amenities, as this helps others to make more informed decisions. We look forward to seeing you and your dog next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This hotel is fantastic. We stay at hotels all up and down the east coast and Candlewood Suites is the way to go! We rent numerous rooms weekly til our project is over and we will only stay at this hotel.

This particular hotel is always clean. I have never had an issue with the room not being clean! That is a great accomplishment for a hotel these days.

The rooms are spacious with all the amenities you could need for an extended stay or a night. It has been updated and very nicely done.

The grill area is also a very nice amenity! There are two grills that are always stocked with propane and ready to cook!

The staff is very nice and will go out of there way to get something worked out for you.

The only thing i would have to say is it is pretty inattentive of the front desk staff to sit at there desk 10ft from the guest check in and have you call the little phone before they get up. To provide perfect customer service they could at least pick there head up every time they hear foot traffic coming in and out. I do understand sometimes they are truly away from there desk helping guest in there room.

But overall an outstanding hotel and staff! Thanks for making our stay enjoyable while we work out of town and away from our families.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank JonathonL0177
Candlewood_Atlanta, Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Thank you for your wonderful detailed five-star review!! We are ecstatic you enjoyed our ‘fantastic’ hotel. We are pleased you consistently enjoy our cleanliness. In addition, thank you for taking the time to detail the several amenities we offer. We have done our best to provide all the comforts of home our extended stay travelers may need and are thrilled to hear we have succeeded. Thank you for recognizing our hard working staff and their desire to go out of their way to take care of our guests. I wholeheartedly apologize that the staff waited until you picked up the phone to provide you with service. That should not happen and will definitely be addressed so that we can provide you with ‘perfect customer service.’ We were honored to make your time away from your family more enjoyable. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

We were traveling to see relatives and wanted to bring both of our large dogs. This hotel accommodated us and we were surprised to see the large room with separate living room, bedroom and kitchen. It really was like a small apartment. The staff were friendly and we appreciated being able to bring our large dogs. Great experience with Candlewood!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Alan M
Candlewood_Atlanta, Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel because we know what a blessing it is to be able to bring your pets with you. We are so glad you were able to enjoy this perk. In addition, I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed our spacious rooms. Yes, they are like small apartments! Furthermore, thank you for your kind words concerning our team. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We are elated you had a great experience with us and hope to see you and your two dogs again in the future.