“Best Brussel sprouts”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Great dinner overall. Steak was tasty and cooked perfect. Waiter provided great service. Au gratin potatoes were great and Brussel sprout were the best I ever had.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

My son treated me to a fantastic dinner on my birthday. He made a reservation for 6pm, we arrived at 5:45 and the table was ready for us. There were decorations sprinkled on the table and a card for me. The restaurant was dark and quiet, the way I like it. Our server Dre was excellent! She offered both of us free Champagne (with a raspberry in the glass), that was very nice. Then she took a picture of us clinking our glasses together. Dre answered my questions about the food and made some recommendations. We had a basket of four varieties of warm bread, they were delicious. The butter was a nice big pat that was not ice cold, which I hate. Our meal came out in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered Filet Mignon, which was wonderful. Dre came by twice to check on the condition of the food. All the meals are Ala Carte, the side dishes are enough for 2 people. Everyone was very attentive, water glasses were refilled immediately without having to ask. Empty plates were removed soon after we finished. Then we got a dessert that was complimentary. My son and I shared a small cheesecake and a flour less chocolate cake. Both were delicious. To add to the great experience Dre presented each of us with a copy of the picture that was taken earlier. Also, she gave me a single rose! It was the best birthday dinner I have ever had! It was an expensive meal, but definitely worth it. Much love and thanks to my amazing son for bringing me to the Capital Grille.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous birthday dinner for my daughter's birthday! The complete staff was very accommodating! Wine list was great as well as dining specials. Jorge our server was great and will ask for him again!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

My sister and I had high hopes after reading so many glowing reviews. The ambience was perfect-dark paneling with nice paintings on the walls. Service was excellent, but the food was a bit disappointing. We both ordered the prime rib sandwich and each had two glasses of wine. The sandwich was mainly tasty, but contained some very tough inedible meat. We would have sent it back, but didn't want to have to wait for it to be prepared. The total for the two sandwiches and glasses of wine was about $95.00.
There are so many great steak restaurants in Atlanta, I'm not sure either of us will return to The Capital Grille.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

The service from Capree was amazing, the food was outstanding, the atmosphere was sophisticated and we had a fantastic much needed dinner experience!
We enjoyed celebrating our Anniversary here, and we can not wait to return for another special night out!