“Great Food and Friendly People”
Review of Poole's BBQ

Poole's BBQ
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Ellijay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Poole's BBQ is a great place for BBQ. It is a very casual atmosphere, you order at the counter and they deliver to your table. I had the Jumbo Pork sandwich and it was all I could do to eat it all. make sure you leave room for the fried pies, they had Blackberry, Apple and Peach and we just had to try them all. The Blackberry was amazing! A great place to stop with family or friends and enjoy a great meal. I know I will be returning soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

A friend recommended & we stopped in on our way to the mountains & we will be back! Great BBQ & Brunswick stew!! Loved all the pigs on the side of the mountain!!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I've driven by this place a hundred times on my way from Atlanta to Blue Ridge and always wanted to try it. I love a great "hole in the wall" but this restaurant disappointed. Service was ok, food was served on styrofoam plates ( hate that ) and the atmosphere was dingy. I understand this spot is a family tradition for some but it won't be for us.

1  Thank TravelFun0101
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

You walk in, step up to the counter, check out the menu and order. The food is delivered to your table.
The pork ribs come with four on the plate. They were the largest and most tasty ribs I ever had. I took two home for lunch the next day.
With green beans and a kosher pickle the dish was perfect.
My wife had the roasted chicken with corn on the cob and the green beans.
Again, a perfect dinner.
Down home cooking, don't miss this establishment.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Husband and i were in town and wanted some authentic Georgia Barbecue, the place is only opened from Thursday to Sunday, you form a line outside where they take your order and you proceed inside to pay, low key decor no frills, my husband ordered the Pork platter with Coleslaw and Corn on the Cob, i ordered the Brisket Sandwich with baked Beans and Potato Salad, my husband said the Pork was okay, he did however like the Coleslaw and Corn on the Cob.The meat on my brisket sandwich was very chewy and fatty, the Beans however were really good, i was disappointed as i had high hopes:-( One thing i thought was bizarre is that you do no have the barbecue aroma outside, we wondered where all the meats were being cooked?!?!