“Excellent Mexican Food”

Taqueria Iztaccihuatl
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Fairburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had last visited 4 years ago and couldn't wait to return! On our first night in town we raced to the Taqueria for dinner. The food is freshly made to order and takes time to prepare so be ready to wait a bit. Believe me, it is most definitely worth the wait! All entrees came out hot and delicious. I hope it's not another 4 years before we get there again. Thanks to the staff for treating us so well. We'll be back.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was virtually empty. After 45 minutes the waiter said another 30 minutes.
The kitchen was putting out Togo orders and ignoring the orders of seated guest.
We only started getting our food when we asked to pay for the chips and drinks and stood up to leave. After 12 more minutes the food began arriving in shifts.
Now for the food....The guacamole was a partially squished avocado with no seasoning.
I had ordered fajitas, the meat was like chewing rubber...But rubber would have had better taste..
The toppings was shredded iceberg, clod shredded cheese, diced tomatoes... None of which had any seasoning. The rice was cold and bland, the refried beans were very hot and completely bland. I actually watched him microwave the beans.
All in all the food was the only thing worse than the service.
Avoid this restaurant at all cost. Choose celephane tomain before this place.
Additionally the prices were 50% higher than any other Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing! The restaurant has some neat features (original exposed timber, brick, and some tin ceiling tiles), but let's be honest, you weren't searching reviews for tin tiles....
The homemade chips and salsa are a delicious starter and my family ordered the fajita texana, floutas, and a cheese quesadilla. Everyone loved their meal and the wait staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My boyfriend and I read a bunch of reviews before going and we were excited to try something new. We went during lunch on a weekday. The lunch menu is smaller so that if you pick from it the food will be done quickly. He got tacos (no corn tortillas during the lunch menu was kind of a bummer- you can get them but they take longer) and I got a chimichanga. The chips were really great thick and crunchy. We expected to pay extra for another basket and that was not a problem! The food (despite the lunch menu) took a while to come out (about 30-45 mins) and it was so dry. The chicken was really hard to get through it tasted as though it was boiled chicken breast that was shredded with out any seasoning at all. I thought it was just my chimichanga but it was the same for his tacos. We were so disappointed because we really enjoy eating small local business and the reviews were really good. I'm not sure if we just caught them on an off day or what but this was not at all what we were hoping for. I will say the staff was great and friendly and the food was well priced. We may give them one more shot during dinner to see if it's any better

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Traveling through heading to Miramar Beach and found this here on Trip Adviser. Well worth your drive off the highway to get here. I had the Alambre, guacamole and homemade chips and salsa. Everything was cooked well and plenty of it. Even though giving a 5, the guacamole and rice were a little bland for our tastes but excellent in their own way. Doesn’t get more authentic with husband and wife running things and a small eclectic venue. Well done guys!!!