2,215 results
All reviews all inclusive hotel best hotel on the island ocean front minute ride reggae music great place to go new tower amazing pool minutes from the airport international food doing nothing rooms are comfortable beautiful island rocky cay public beach punta cana specialty restaurants
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at around 6 pm at the Hotel and were greeted by Libardo, he really made us feel WELCOME! Thank you Libardo. We had to wait another 20 mins which we did not mind since Libardo was very nice and helpful.. After the 20 mins we went back to see if the room was ready.. and it was. And Libardo even managed to upgrade us to a suite. Very nice touch. We were super happy about the way everything was going on the first day. The food was great in the restaurant taking under consideration that they have a lot of different tastes to satisfy. The next day I discovered dry cleaning so I thought I get my shirts washed and ironed, it is written on the form that everything handed in before 11am will be back the same day at 6pm. So I filled out the form, put the sign on the door that there is dry cleaning to pick up and went to the reception to inform them that we are leaving for the day and would be back in the evening. I did inform him as well that there was some clothes in the room for dry cleaning, he phoned Housekeeping while I was still at he reception desk. He told me everything will be taken care of. This was 8 am in the morning. When we arrived back at around 5pm, the sign for the dry cleaning was still at the door and the clothes were not picked up, the room was not done either... I was not so happy about that so I went down to the reception to speak to them, I got promised somebody will come the next day early in the morning to pick up the clothes and take care of it. So the next morning around 9 am I saw the cleaning lady and she promised me to make sure it is taking care of and took the clothes with her. We left for the day and came back again in the evening and guess what.. THE CLOTHES WERE NOT RETURNED!! A second day in a row?!?! My girlfriend who is fluent in Spanish went down to the reception and made clear that we are not happy with the service and that we are not paying for the laundry service. Today is day three and I still have not gotten any apologies from anyone and I STILL NOT HAVE MY CLOTHES BACK!! So this morning we went again to the reception and said we just want the clothes back even if they are not washed .. just give me my belongings back! So we will see this afternoon.. I guess I will not have them back.. we spoke in this matter to at least 4-5 people and not one seemed to be bothered or said at least sorry for the inconvenience they caused... This is the one on one in the service industry. The property itself is fantastic, the food is great but guest service is not even one star except for Mr. Libardo.
To the MANAGEMENT:

invest in your people and train them proper, as soon as somebody is opening such a nice hotel like you have with great guest service on San Andres, you will feel the decline of guests coming back to your Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 390jensj
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We regret the inconveniences presented during your stay and appreciate every observation made, our biggest commitment is to meet the needs of guests.
Thanks for writing, we value each of the observations that our visitors give us feedback.
Your comments are contributions that commit us to continue improving, we are pleased to serve you in a new visit. We appreciate the shared information. Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This was my second time staying at the Decameron Isleno. Although we had a few issues this time around it was still a great stay overall. The hotel is beautiful with great pools and easy beach access. This is definitely the hotel to stay at in San Andres!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a beach view!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark A

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Nice hotel with a beautiful beach in front and great location. Nice clean room without being luxurious. Grea pools, jacuzzi, beatiful gardens. The buffets were very good and the food was kept hot and are varied. Great creole music by night. Great bar although some few members of the staff are not so friendly. The beach, just beautiful. It´s a great place that deserves to be visited twice or more.

Room Tip: Beach view, pool view, new tower.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We thank you for your comments, we value every observation shared by our customers, mainly about our food, rooms, bars and general services.
The main reason to improve, it is to achieve our clients expectations, and sharing these words with us, it challenge us to keep on the right path, the reach of succeed, thank you by choosing us as your vacation resort.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We randomly choose this hotel out of the 5 the Decameron chain has in San Andres. Based in our judgment, we selected it and we are glad we didn't go wrong. Not only is a two minute ride from the airport (you can even walk to it) but also is the biggest of their hotels and is located right in front of the public beach. Our room was in a separate wing and oceanfront. The staff is helpful, but the waitresses in the Rasta restaurant could smile more. Sometimes they look intimidating, but they still serve you.
Internet is big downer, as connection is very limited, but free. Things don't improve anywhere else, as this is an issue affecting the entire island. Special thanks to our waiter every evening during our stay, Oscar. He was not only friendly and polite, he took care of us very well at dinner time. There is a adults only pool in a quiet area and we also went for a facial at the Zion spa (at extra cost). There is a gym near the spa with some cardio equipment and a couple of machines.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are best, but you have to pay a higher price. They are in a different part of the hotel and are more private
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Amazing view of the sea and pool
Amazing pool
Amazing bar service
Amazing nightly shows
Amazing food
Amazing weather
I dont know what else to add, you have to visit this place if possible choose the rooms including the sight of sea
Great place to visit!

Stayed: June 2017
gerenteisleno, Gerente at Decameron Isleno, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017