“Don't be fooled!!!”
Review of Hanna Brothers

Hanna Brothers
Ranked #7 of 137 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As much as I wanted to like this place and have heard,read good reviews it fell way short of expectations. Food is bland for my taste and while speaking to others who have been multiple times the food is hit or miss. Grab and go from what I hear is the way to go as far as consistency,quality and best bang for your buck. As far for the buffet which is the other option available, was just that and what you would expect from a buffet. The salad and chilled part of the buffet was the best part for me, pastries and desserts were also good but as far as the hot part of the buffet well just left a lot to be desired. The menu reads well but doesnt quite translate to the line well. Chicken and vegetables under seasoned if seasoned at all, crab legs seasoned well but overcooked soft and soggy shell makes it hard work to get the meat out. Running out of Lobster is a big problem when you go there for it and pay the price of the buffet and told they ran out. Yes they'll adjust the price and I know these things happen but if your storing which I assume are frozen lobster tails (nothing wrong with a frozen lobster tail) unless you run out, then it should not be a problem to store enough for the crowd for one or two dinners. As far as the fried fish dont be fooled, when you see fried flounder,catfish, or any fried fish on the menu ask the server what it really is, bc its not what they say it is on the menu. After speaking with a server which will not say a name be they did a good job with us and dont need them in trouble bc they were not supposed to say what they really serve. It was swai, and if you look up swai which is also Pangaseus fish it is a really cheap fish which comes from vietnamese waters and is a garbage fish. It contains very high mercury among other toxins in large amounts and has as bad of a wrap sheet as Tilapia now a days. If your going to charge flounder prices then serve flounder and as for catfish its not that much more expensive then swai. Yes it will say catfish is a cousin of swai or pangaseus species but this is false advertising in my book. If your going to put something on the menu then serve it up as is or adjust prices to accommodate your food cost but we as customer should be able to trust we are eating what you say we are eating. And if they are doing this with fish then what cuts of beef are you really eating. Seems like if there trying to save money on food cost there what else are they fooling us with. To me it seems just like any other buffet that will try to save money anywhere it can while charging you more then other buffets, while the menu reads well it just a wolf in sheeps clothing.

1  Thank badtothebone380

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This restaurant is housed in a former school cafeteria. You can tell because you can see what was used as a stage. Also the toilets in the washroom are meant for children. This is a very busy and popular site. Food is served cafeteria style which you pay for before entering. Sandwiches are also available. On a Friday, when we visited it seemed that everyone was there for the crab legs. I am happy that I tried this restaurant though I doubt that I will make the drive again.

1  Thank journalmytrips
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We got there at 5:15 Friday night it open at 5:30 . I suggest you get there close to 5:30 because it filled up fast. The buffet was good . It had a 1 lobster tail and 4 crab leg cluster limit. This was not a problem the Rosemary Chicken and filet was good. the salads and side dished were excellent. I had the chocolate cup cakes for dessert. They were real good. It was casual dress . There was a pianist playing. Aaac service heating and air recommend this place for Friday night dinner. In a few weeks we are going to try brunch.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

really good food served cafeteria style, this was an elementary school but has been redone and has a modern look. on a regular weekday lunch they offer two meats, lots of sides, bread, drinks and dessert for the price. menus and events are posted on Facebook and website. it is all you can eat but you only get one trip (I believe), I was so full I could barely finish the banana pudding, it was awesome!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went for the first time to their Saturday evening buffet. A great selection of salads, side dishes, filet mignon, catfish, lobster tail, crab legs, boiled shrimp and desserts.