“Great Meal - No Matter What Name”

Tuptim Thai Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Folkston
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 7 January 2015

We were surprised to see a Thai restaurant in Folkston and decided to give it a try. Trip Advisor has it listed at the Tuptim. All of the signage called it Thai Smile. Our bill had Boomthon Thai at the top. Whatever it's called it was very good. The owner was the poster boy for customer relations. He welcomed everyone like they were long lost relatives and wished everyone an enthusiastic Happy New Year. He was even nice to the family that walked out because the menu did not have enough fried things to drench with ketchup. My wife loves crab rangoon and since I love her I always agree to it as an appetizer. This crab rangoon was a wonderful surprise. It had perfect ratio of dough to filling and the filling had a hint of curry. At last I can finally see what my wife sees in crab rangoon. It was delicious! We also had the usual chicken satay, salads and green curry. All of them were very tasty. We had to remind ourselves that we were in rural Georgia, next to the Okefenokee Swamp and not in a more cosmopolitan city.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

Only 7 months ago did Prasert took over this restaurant. It's still a Thai and perhaps even better than before!
Missou soup and Hartey vegetable- and chickensoup were outstanding made from a very stark and tasty broth.
Pad Thai with pork; I almost ate my fingers as wel soooo good!
My wife had a spicy vegetable and chicken dish which was very well seasoned and mildly spicy. Whenever we return to Folkston, w'll be eating at this place.
And the house-wine was for free. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the owner a man with a harty laugh gave me his businesscard with cellphone number and the advise to call him if I had any problems during the rest of our trip.(And he ment it!)

1  Thank 65marcelb
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to give this restaurant a try when we found it after googling "folkston restaurants". We live just across the state line and come to Folkston several times a week for ice cream or the Okefenokee restaurant, but we had never even heard of Tuptim Thai! Boy, have we been missing out! The restaurant itself is located right on Main Street near the town hall. Inside, it is decorated very tastefully with various Asian wall hangings, figurines, etc.. There was a real rose in a vase on every table, and very nice table settings, (no plastic cups or utensils). We were helped right away, as there were not very many people there. Our food came quickly and was fresh off the stove, made with fresh ingredients and presented very beautifully- but most importantly it was delicious! Everything was perfectly seasoned. My BF and I are both pretty health conscious, but finding dishes that were healthy was no problem at all at Tuptim Thai. There are even vegetarian options.

To sum up, we were thrilled to find this little spot in an area of the country where I thought we were doomed to eat fried chicken and okra for the rest of our days. Having both traveled out of the country a bit and eaten at many ethnic restaurants, this one was right up there with the best of them. We will certainly be coming back again, and bringing friends!

1  Thank Hailey H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

It is perhaps surprising to find a decent Thai restaurant in rural Georgia, but there is one.
Getting ways from fried everything is a refreshing change.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Visited Tuptim Thai on the second night of our visit. The chef came from the Marriott in D.C., and the food quality was excellent. The prices were a little bit high in comparison to the other restaurants, but worth the money