“Amazing find in a small town like Folkston”

Tuptim Thai Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Folkston
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful Thai restaurant! We stopped in while staying at Folkston Inn. Will be back if we ever end up in that part of the world again! Thanks!

1  Thank Christy V

Reviewed 15 April 2015

We were surprised to find this wonderful restaurant. We were traveling, tired, and thought we'd get something from McDonald's to eat in the car. When we happened across this Thai Restaurant we decided to take a chance. We were treated to wonderful food and service. I only wish we had something like this in our town.

1  Thank 222mildred
Reviewed 3 April 2015

This restaurant came recommended to us during our stay in Folkston. Who’d have thought there’d be a Thai restaurant here, and such a good one! I believe it is now known as “Thai Smile Restaurant”.

The restaurant is not large, seating perhaps 50 patrons. There are booths as well as tables and the premises are very clean and nicely decorated. Patrick, the owner, was very warm and welcoming (even sat at our table for a bit). We also met his lovely wife and cute baby Adrian. The staff was very friendly, attentive and the service great. The menu boasts a good variety of dishes and we enjoyed a great dinner. All ingredients were fresh and tasty.

Thai Smile does not have a license to sell alcohol, but I believe they are in the process of applying for one.

We were here on a Monday evening and were the first patrons of the night. The restaurant began to fill up shortly after our arrival. People drive in from Folkston’s surrounding areas to enjoy the great food. A good sign indeed.

I would recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Folkston. We’ll certainly be back if we’re again in the area.

1  Thank Zofia P
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

I love this restaurant and the owners. The food is super fresh, the wait staff is super sweet, and the owner is super friendly. It's a win, win with great food and great people. This restaurant is an asset to Folkston.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Half a block off the main drag in Folkston, I was greeted loudly and happily by Patrick, the owner (and head waiter for my Sunday lunch). It's a small restaurant, with choice of booths and tables, and could probably hold 40-50 patrons. It was about half full with nearly all locals who came to enjoy a very good meal at a very reasonable price. There were several specials, and I had the chicken hibachi, with fried rice and vegetables. It came with a nice, not-too-spicy sauce for dipping the chicken, and it was a large enough serving that I could not possibly have asked for the desert menu, if there is one.

There is an extensive sushi menu which would certainly be worth a try based on my experience. A very good meal, and a real bargain at around $12.00 for lunch.