“Excellent Variety of BBQ Offerings with Great Flavor”
Review of Country's Barbecue

Country's Barbecue
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I guess there are as many styles of BBQ as there are restaurants that serve it. I come from NC, and one thing I look for is BBQ that's been smoked so the flavor is cooked into the meat before any sauces are added. This place passed that test with flying colors. The pork, chicken, brisket, and ribs all had a hickory smoked flavor to them, and with or without the sauce, they were delicious. My wife likes the meat without sauce, and I like it with so we were both happy. The sides were good too, although I didn't particularly like the slaw (my wife did). A very enjoyable visit, and as you can tell, they have a variety of BBQ items on the menu. The only thing that didn't measure up for me was the banana pudding dessert. Not bad, but not quite up to the rest of the fare.

1  Thank MarsOrbiter

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This place rocks. We love everything on the menu. The kids love it too. Daily specials like Roast Beef, Chicken & Dumplings. Great barbecue, Hamburger Steaks, collar greens, baked sweet potato, and on and on. We go often.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've eaten at Country's BBQ for more than 25 years in other locations. (Auburn, Columbus, Montgomery) I was pleased when they opened in LaGrange several years ago. The pork bbq has a good smoked flavor and the fries are wonderful. If you like a sweet potato, then you will love the HUGE sweet potatoes. I typically get the smoked turkey sandwich and eat it with Backfire Sauce (you have to ask for it.). I tell them that I go there for the Backfire, everything else is a side.

1  Thank WWLaGrange
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Not many places have really good fried chicken livers. This is the exception. Not over cooked and plenty of them. The sides were good as well. Collard greens cooked as they should be. If you have room try the banana pudding home made and really tasty. Have also used them for catering and had great results.

1  Thank superhumgry
Reviewed 15 October 2017

If you are not hungry when you arrive here it won't take long to get hungry when you smell the air where they are smoking the bbq. We had the pork plates with cornbread, fries, slaw and bake beans. It was all very good. We had mild sauce to top it with, but I found mine was perfect with to no sauce. The location right off the square was easy to find. For a visitor to the area the parking was a little hard to find. However, it made good sense once we figured it out. The ladies there were very friendly and extremely helpful.

1  Thank judy177