“Good food, great service”
Review of Banzai

Banzai
Ranked #32 of 112 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Our cook was Jacob and he was great! Not only did he get fancy with cooking but he had a great sense of humor as well. The food was delicious!!! We were very pleased. Our only complaint had to do with the ice cream that comes with ordering a dinner combination... they bring it to you pre packaged in a small paper cup. For such a good restaurant I thought they'd at least put the ice cream in a dish for us. Other than that, everything was excellent!

1  Thank Amy H

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I travel around a lot and eat in many sushi restaurants. The reviews of Banzai were good so I gave them a try.
The crowd at this place all wanted the hibachi tables.
I sat at the sushi bar and had good service. I ordered two rolls and miso soup. The soup was good. The first roll was ok... not bad, but definitely not great. The second roll (spicy salmon) was very unusual. The chef made the roll spicy by adding a very hot dry spice mixture to the roll. It was like eating a Cajun food. Never had a spicy salmon roll like that. Not too bad, but a spice flavor that was unexpected, and not necessarily complementary to salmon.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Bottom line up front, food is good, reasonably priced and they put on a good show. We lucked out and got there shortly after the opening and my group of 6 got seated right away - 30 minutes later there was a line out the door.
I deducted a star because their bathrooms are filthy. The men's room hasn't had a good cleaning since they opened the place. It's so bad they just need to renovate them. I didn't think to take a picture so I could post it - maybe reviewers could shame them into cleaning them.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is a Japanese steakhouse that also serves sushi. I ordered two sushi items, both of which I order on a regular basis in various restaurants. The first item arrived in good order; the second came 15-20 minutes later. The second was also drowned in two sauces that I did not ask for. So the food and service were OK at best, and when the bill arrived, it already had a 15% tip added to it (party of one). Pretty presumptuous.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Decided to give Banzai a try while out of town and my hotel was close by. I was a bit skeptical when I walked in as lots of people at the hibachi tables but no one sitting at the sushi bar. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In had 3 rolls and some negiri. Pleasantly surprised. Very fresh and tasty. Good selection of fish. Good selection of beer. All good.

1  Thank bill s