“Bad Reports Not Our Experience”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Quality Inn_Lake Park, Georgia

We were on a trip to Central Florida from Indianapolis, Indiana, and unplanned and unscheduled we stopped at two big discount book stores just east of the I-65 Interstate exit at Lake Park. There were massive numbers of books, both old and new, all at great, low prices. That put us behind schedule for the location we were planning to stay for the night. We checked comments on Trip Advisor for this Quality Inn, and found the possibility of staying there appeared questionable. However, the price was quite nice, and we were right next-door at the bookstore. We decided to go over and check out one of the rooms ourselves. I know the expectation at motels is very individual, and each person who stays can have varying and different expectations. Too, there can be differences in the rooms, staff depending on who, when, and where a person is staying.

Having said that we looked at the first room on the lower level, west side of the building. It was clean, neat and sufficient. Though the facility is an older one, the price has been adjusted downward enough to make it a very good price for a night’s sleep when you are on the road. We were well into the evening and wanted only a good night’s sleep. We took the room.

All in all, our stay was comfortable, the staff was kind and helpful, and we left the next morning feeling that we had gotten more than our money’s worth. Check for yourself. You may find the Quality Inn in Lake Park is just what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Check for yourself. Beauty is always in the beholder. First room, lower floor, west side of the buil...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2012

It didn't look like the sheets where clean, there was hair in the sink and the shower when we got there, the tv didn't work and the breakfast was horrible. I told the staff after we checked out and they seem like they didn't care. All I can say is WOW!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I honestly think they just restock the items in these rooms. No cleaning at all. The sink was dirty, the toilet paper was half empty, and there were dirty rags in the tub! The sheets didnt fit the king size bed and the pillows were smaller than a decorative couch pillow. The minimal English speaking gentleman at the front desk also told us there was a shoneys buffet across the street, when we got there it looked like it was closed long ago- wasting an hour of sleep. Last but certainly not least, the Tv just plain sucked. Older model box Tv with 20 fuzzy antenna channels that the remote did not work for! On our way out I saw a sign for a motel for 39.95 right across the street from this place ($10-$15 cheaper). Probably the same quality. But made me wish I had done more research.
On the other hand, the king size bed was comfy, AC worked, and the complimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The room we stayed in was very poorly maintained. Smelled so strongly of cat urine that we had to go to the adjacent Dollar store to buy air fresheners, The bathroom was awful, water was leaking from the tub plumbing through the wall onto the floor and could hear it dripping all night long. We stayed at several other Choice Hotel location on the same trip and they were all wonderful compared to this location. It does not meet the quality standards of the brand. The breakfast in the morning was sub-par. It was a busy morning with guests, but when they ran out of sausage gravy the desk clerk just put another can of cold gravy into the warmer without heating it first. Definitely not the best food service practice,

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

When my husband and I first arrived, they checked me in and gave us our room we were exhausted and ready to just sit down and relax. We got to our room and it was as if it had never been cleaned.The bedding, sheets were dirty, stained and completely unmade. I walked into the bathroom and there were wet and used towels all over the floor.. it was just nasty. As I walked back down to lobby again the manager gave me a new room as he assured me there was a mistake and told me the room had to have been cleaned. I offered to walk back down there and show him myself.. but he gave me a new room anyway. The new room- was clean and put together.. but if I had seen what I saw when I woke up I would have demanded my money back and left as quickly as came. The sheets and white blanket had huge yellow stains all over them. I had to wait 15 mins for the manager to come to the front desk for me to check out bc she "was washing dishes from the morning breakfast" DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 33 in Valdosta
20.7 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!