“Good Food, Small Portions, Slow Service”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Lithonia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and Brunswick stew. My wife ordered loaded baked potato. She like hers. My food was good. BBQ sauce was not original. My soup portion was very small for the price. I ordered a bowl of stew to go and is was nearly the same size (about 3/4 cup) but cost more. Restaurant was very busy with many empty tables, but still a 20 minute wait.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

When we arrived, it was overflowing outside the door. I figured, good place to eat. After 45 minutes while standing by the doorway, I noticed 7 empty tables. I asked the hostess what was goikng on & she said the kitchen was fixing take-out orders, which people had ordered. So they stopped seating people to catch up to the take-out orders!! After waiting over an hour we were finally seated, and after ordering a crowd-pleaser, I was too full for my ribs! They were good the next day though. People were either ordering take-out or leaving because of the wait.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine and I went for a bite to eat. First off, my server was excellent. Food and drinks were awesome. Music wasn't so loud. I'm a big fan of FRIED GREEN TOMATOES. And they were the bomb. I'd definitely recommend this place for fine dinning.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We had a Smokey Bones where I used to live so I knew I loved the food. We went in and went right to a table. Ordered our beer and one wasn't available on tap like it was advertised and the second one we chose, they were out of. Then we ordered our food and the waiter kept coming back with excuses why it was taking so long. This was a Monday night and it was NOT busy. I hope it was an anomaly, not the norm or that one will not last.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Went here for a girls' night out. Had a small problem with our order. The bar manager, Darrell, came over and more than took care of the situation. He was pleasant and professional. Our server, Matthew, remained kind and had a smile all night! It is rare to find good customer service in this area, but I will return to Smokey Bones very soon! The atmosphere at the restaurant was cool and fun, but not too loud. Fabulous spot!

Been to Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill? Share your experiences!