Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
Comfort Suites(Locust Grove)
US$80
ComfortSuites
US$64
Ramada Locust Grove(Locust Grove)
US$68
US$125
HIExpress.com
Sun Down Lodge(Locust Grove)
US$45
Scottish Inns Locust Grove(Locust Grove)(Great Value!)
US$48
Sleep Inn(McDonough)
US$84
Hotels.com
US$52
Travelocity
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center(McDonough)(Great Value!)
US$84
QualityInn
All reviewsglass wallwood floorsfull sizethe rain shower headseveral yearsupdated roomsking bedcomfortable bedsgreat pricenice roomcontinental breakfastvery nice place to staytanger outletsoatmealwould stay here againdesk clerkpet
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one night when driving through and would stay again. The lady at the desk at 9:30pm was very courteous and helpful. The heat in the room was easy to control and get comfortable, plenty of hot water, good wifi, mini fridge cooled well, room clean, bed comfortable for us.
I appreciate people and organizations taking risks with innovations to try to make improvements. But this different room design had some negatives for us. The frosted glass wall between the bed and bath was disruptive when one partner visited the restroom in the middle of the night. The desk is wide but too shallow for my convience, the second layer saves space but does not completely compensate in my view. The switch for the light over the bed being on a side wall makes turning off the light while in bed impossible. The king size bed is a waste for us--the space would be better used for a 2nd small side table so each person has a convenient place for phone, glasses, reading material, or whatever. A second movable side chair would be convenient.
The carpet outside the elevator was dirty in both the lobby and our floor. The same was the case at a Red Roof Inn in Panama City a few years ago.
The continental breakfast was limited but good.
If you arrive after 9:30pm finding a restaurant may be a problem. We found only Waffle House open, but our meal was delicious. Steak 'n Shake closed at 10 the night we were there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at Locust Grove, Ga Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your honest feedback and we are pleased that all in all your stay was a pleasant one.

Please accept my apologies for the dirty carpet that you encountered. We are set to have the new carpet installed in the next few months. Guest usually either love our modern look or hate it. We do have a few rooms that have a slightly different set up and do not offer the frosted glass behind the shower or tub.

Thank you for the information about the local restaurant, I will look into other options so that we will be more knowledgeable when we give out our recommendations.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you gain in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent staff,great price, rooms were clean and updated,beds were very comfortable,will definitely stay here again. Manager Mindy was extremely helpful with everything we needed. I highly recommend if you’re in this Area

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the perfect score and we hope to see you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on business and the staff was very nice and accommodating to all my needs. I had an issue with my room and the front desk lady Danielle helped out with all of my issues... I give this place 5 stars as they went above what was needed..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to hear that Danielle was able to take care of your issues and deliver excellent service. Here at the Red Roof Inn Locust Grove we pride our self on WOW service! Thank you again for you review, and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This Red Roof Inn has been updated to their new modern look. Looks nice, but is it practical? Our room had a king bed, which took up most of the room. Only a desk chair in the room, so if travelling with 2 people, one would have to sit on the bed. Not very practical if wanting to eat a take in meal. We decided to eat our dinner in the breakfast room.

The one nightstand is so small that there was barely any room to put a CPap machine on. If visiting the bathroom during the night, the glow of the light can wake up your sleeping partner. On a positive note, the shower area was lovely with a rain shower head (more water pressure would be nice). Listened to our neighbours TV for hours trying to fall asleep.... another positive... the bed was exceptionally comfy.

My biggest complaint was I requested to pay our stay in cash and was told they would swipe my card for security reasons but I could pay in cash in the morning and the charge wouldn’t go through (pre authorizing). The next morning, cash in hand, was told the charge went through and I should have never been told that. The price was already DOUBLE what usually is charged at a Red Roof Inn (because of a so called event weekend). Really? So with the price they were charging, PLUS the exchange rate on our Visa, we could and SHOULD have stayed in a high end hotel and paid for our 10 lb dog to stay. Lesson learned. Disappointed and won’t return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Eileen,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our showers and comfortable bed however we apologize that the set up was not accommodating for your needs and were given incorrect information on the process of paying with cash at check out. I can see how frustrating this would be.

As the manager of this hotel, I can assure you that I have taken the time to speak to all front desk staff and have coached them on the proper process for cash payments at check in to avoid authorization to credit cards.

I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you would like to discuss this further , please do not hesitate to contact me at i0622@redroof.com.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times as this is our mid point when driving to Florida. It is a great little hotel and the location is good as you can go to the Tanger Outlets next door. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are always clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maren A
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Maren A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is always great to hear that we have guest, like yourself, that love us so much they stay with us each time they travel through our area. We pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms. So thank you for letting us know we are getting it right! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again really soon.

Thanks,