“Love to it”

Sea Belle Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in La Mercy
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We are coming here to eat the curry for more than 20 years.
We travel from Secunda in Mpumalanga on a friday. We have dinner and come again on saturday.
We think this is the best curry by far.
Travel abroad and always try curry other countries. Seabelle is the best!!!!!

1  Thank Dianemaciel

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I must remember this place from days gone by when I was a little dinky puff screaming for attention from my folks because I hadn't had enough sugary drinks. So when I was informed that Sea Belle had re-opened, what to do but take a visit to see what has improved or plainly fallen to pieces. Well, ordering the prawn curry proved ok. The salad & pickles were up to fair. But it's the USUAL down-trodden approach of not being able to serve coffee or tea (as there was a shortage of tea cups and mugs in La Mercy - who knew? #lol). There's no longer a 2 liter coke option but served by the can. On the plus side though, the view of the beach is fun and apparently the dance floor is still open ... for whom exactly, I don't know! If you're a Durbanite, the trek to Sea Belle is mandatory! The service or dis-service is a skill that can only be polished at an establishment of this nature. I jest though ... no expectation, no disappointments - take a pal and visit the spot for the other side of Durban WITHOUT the twing twanging obnoxious gentrification of Umhlanga.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I was at the Seabelle in January 2017 for a family dinner. The vegetarian curries were not available and the waiter only told us this after he had brought the other meals to the table. Several menu items also not available. The prawns were delicious. However, the service was appalling and management did not seem to care about our complaints. I will not be visiting the Seabelle again.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We visited the Sea belle on Saturday evening, it has been closed for quite a while and reopened in December 2016. We all had fabulous meals, my mutton and bean curry was one of the best I have eaten and all of our group said the same about their meals. The service was very good and Colin our waiter was very attentive and helpful in what to choose. We had in previous years visited the Sea Belle many many times but the service, the food had gone down badly, so we were so happy that under new and old management they have redecorated and revamped the place and brought back all the fabulous food they were known for. definitely a place to visit often. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank ItalyfanDurban
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Extremely poor service and zero management. Overpriced food. We ordered the hot prawn curry but ended up with mild curry. The owner was extremely rude and uninterested when I brought it to his attention. He looks as seedy as the place does, more like a pimp with gold jewellery. Not worth another visit. No star for this place

1  Thank Kimeshree F