“Sea belles Back HOORAY!!! Best curry in KZN”

Sea Belle Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in La Mercy
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 May 2017

The last review i wrote about this restaurant was to report that it had closed!
we Have been coming here for YEARS
I am thrilled to report that its open again, with an improved menu and decor.
We are from Gauteng and no trip is to KZN for us, is complete without a visit (or two) to the sea belle for curry.
The 6 of us all had a splendid meal without a single complaint (in spite of two of our group being serial complainers)
The curries, prawns and steak was to everyone's liking and the service was good and the sambals are to die for.
Winston

1  Thank winston e

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with some family. 4 adults and 4 children. The restaurant was apparently recently renovated. It was relatively clean but lacked any charm and atmosphere.

The cutlery looked a little old. Good variety of food and lots of vegetarian options. Food was average. Portions are okay, not very large. Probably wouldn't visit it in a hurry again.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Returned after a long absence. The venue has been renovated which is refreshing but unfortunately the service and food does not live up to the standard that made the Sea Belle famous in years gone by.

We were a party of eight, when shown to our table the waiter started to wipe down the table, he was so slow in everything he did, it really become frustrating.

I ordered a crab curry and asked before what crab it was and the size of the portion. I was told that it was a big orange crab and it was the whole crab.

Unfortunately this crab must have had a terrible life because it only had one pincher and two hip sections. I asked the waiter again and he was really surprised that it was only half a crab. I did check with the manager and she too was amazed that the portion was only half a crab.

Worst of all the restaurant does not have any implements to crack the shell so getting into the crab was impossible.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I have been coming to this place on and off for many years. The food never disappoints me. I love the prawn curry. Don't miss this one.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We are coming here to eat the curry for more than 20 years.
We travel from Secunda in Mpumalanga on a friday. We have dinner and come again on saturday.
We think this is the best curry by far.
Travel abroad and always try curry other countries. Seabelle is the best!!!!!

1  Thank Dianemaciel