“Great food!”

Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The New York strip was amazing with peppercorn sauce. We also enjoyed the fried mushrooms, they are not on the menu for the lower level pub, but ask and they will make them for you. The atmosphere is low key. On the weekends after 5pm the parking decks have free parking, just an FYI so you aren't wasting time looking for a parking spot. We definitely will return.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I visited Shillings for brunch with a few friends on a Sunday afternoon, and to our dismay the drinks were terrible, and the food was mediocre. I imagine this place is popular with people who like bland frozen foods. I ordered the Reuben and was not impressed by the bland flavor and just all around lack of actual taste (how does a Reuben not have flavor?) My husband ordered the seafood plate and it came out on an actual plate shaped like a fish. The crab cake was bland and the rest just seemed lack luster.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

First came to Shiilings in 1986--not much has changed! Service is good, staff is nice, but this place badly needs an update. I was in recenty for a beer at the bar and that musty smell hits you as soon as you come in the door.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The first time I was there we fell in love with the place. We came back for a second trip and I must say I was disappointed. The difference between the visits were the seating and service. This time we were seated in the tight, dark middle near the bar. I had the Cajun chicken salad and my wife had the potato sound and sandwich combo. While the food was decent, I found the chicken bland. The service was not the best either. It may have been because we came in after the lunch rush but I feel like that shouldn't matter. While it was an early favorite I fear that the dark setting, bland food, and okay service pales in comparison to other Square restaurants.

1  Thank Wejinator
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Shillings is a great little place to dine & catch up with family and friends. We love the casual dining downstairs, but upstairs, it's more formal. There is a variety of food in both settings. I think, upstairs, would be great for a "date night," with your honey! We've never had a bad experience. I will say, unless they've made a few updates, I wouldn't say it's very wheelchair friendly (although the building is very old & I'm sure "permitting" upgrades would be difficult to acquire).