“Shillings on the Square”

Shillings On the Square
Ranked #66 of 748 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017

While walking around the Marietta Farmers Market on a warm and humid Saturday, I walked into Shillings to grab a cold beer and get out of the heat. I was greeted by the owner and the bartender who told me about the restaurant and also poured me a cold one! I had no intention of eating when I walked in but when joined by my wife and our neighbor, we ordered lunch. The Rueben sandwich was very good and I also enjoyed the side of pasta salad. The ladies split a chicken salad sandwich but the steak fries were incredible! I understand that the upstairs dining room has a piano and soft music on Friday night. We will be back!

1  Thank danben647

Reviewed 2 August 2017

These guys evidently have been around for a long time. They have lots of 10 year old awards on the wall, but I didn't see any new ones and know why. The food here was expensive and very very average. We sat outside and had to ask for napkins and silverware. I had the shrimp and scallops and it was awful. The scallops were overcooked, the shrimp tough and the sauce not good. The broccoli had no taste, I could eat the rice. The only reason I gave it an average rating was that the others at the table could eat theirs, although one big steak eater gave her's away, so I'm not sure. The service was very marginal and I hate to rate it based on one visit, but if I were you I'd pick one of the other many choices around the square.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped in for lunch. The chicken salad sandwich was very good. Had the sweet potato fries which were excellent. Service was excellent. Nice lunch date

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Love this restaurant right on Marietta Square. Many choices on the menu, lunch or for a fancier dinner. Nice atmosphere, attentive servers, selection from the bar, and you can even have parties or meetings here. Upstairs provides space for special meetings and events with a view overlooking the Square. Great place to meet friends and enjoy a long lunch and chat before heading back out to work or shopping or theater.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

After a casual walk to the square, we decided upon Shillings for our lunch destination. A Rueben sandwich was my choice...the others chose the specials of the day which was a huge burger and finally the crab cakes were chosen as well. All the food was good as well as the service...nothing outstanding, just good bar food!!