“Good Food & Service”
Review of P J's Cafe

P J's Cafe
Ranked #22 of 224 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

I thought that it was in a great location on the square but there were only a few people eating at noon on a Friday? I had a Philly sandwich and Fried green tomatoes, the sandwich was good but the tomatoes had an odd taste.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice surprise at the end of a long day. Entire square brought back days gone by. Would for sure go back and recommend.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I have stopped in P J's a few times, usually for lunch. They have good food and the french onion soup is especially good. I have had several dishes and they all were enjoyable. They have fried cauliflower and it has a good breading but I am not a huge fan of the whatever they season it with. I personally make great fried cauliflower so I may be a bit picky about eating it out, I like it a little softer and their's was a bit hard, I would like it cooked a tad bit more. I love the decor, it is very interesting to view while having dinner and the view of the Mcdonough square is great.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

One of our constant niggles with our many road trips to the states is finding food that is fresh, well prepared and not seasoned to within an inch of its life.
This was an unexpected find on a little quaint square in the centre of McDonough. There was a singer / guitarist playing and the restaurant wasn't busy.
We had a couple of the local beers while we looked over the menu (my wife was loving being asked for ID at 45 years old!) and we chose the pot roast and the wasabi salmon. We had lovely complimentary dark bread (warm) while we waited and the food itself was probably the best we'd had in the states. Simple, very tasty and not covered in salt and whatever else is constantly used to 'enhance' so much American restaurant food. It was delicious. I tried the fired green tomatoes too and they were lightly battered, simple and equally yummy.
I had the pecan chocolate pie for desert and it was good, although the main course was better.
Our waiter was really friendly, chatty and funny, all the staff seemed more than happy to chat and the place had a comfortable, homely feel to it that was definitely echoed in the cooking.
Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I love this place. The porch at PJ's is where deals are made, and people watching gets good. The staff is always friendly and the Paul the owner will fix you something off the menu if you ask and he has the stuff to make it.