“Good food”
Review of P J's Cafe

P J's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 234 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Food is quite good. I had the grilled salmon salad and it was delicious. The salmon was grilled exactly as requested. My husband had the steak sandwich which he said was excellent and juicy. Service was friendly and unrushed if not a bit slow.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

The décor is pretty old and worn out looking and sometimes you just stand there at the welcome podium inside the door waiting for someone to come greet you. They seem short-staffed most of the time. Given that, however, the food is good. It takes quite awhile to get it but I've usually been happy with it. The Chicken Salad is good once I add a little more Mayo and some pickle to it. The homemade soups are usually really good. They also do home made potato chips that I could eat by the plateful. The price is rather high so we don't go there as often anymore. If you go during peak times, you may have trouble parking because for the most part, it's street parking in the Square and on side streets; and you will probably have to wait for a table. I get the impression that the owner/chef is really good on the food side of things and not so much on the management of the dining room and staff. That is just an impression based on the service and atmosphere vs. the food quality.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I've been there several times and every dish I have ordered has been exceptional. Highly recommend. Glad I live close by.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I met my daughter and granddaughter here for lunch. I had a salad and lobster bisque soup. She had a cob salad and lobster bisque soup. The three year old had cheese burger and fries. It was quick enough for the child's short attention span after a busy morning at PreK. We will visit again. Satisfied with the food and the service. Our bill was $30 not including tip.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

We went here twice first time was great. Second time was horrible. I don't understand what happened. No one is ever there, like never but they stay in business. I don't get it.

Been to P J's Cafe? Share your experiences!