“Best Locally Owned Restaurant on the Southside.”
Review of P J's Cafe

P J's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 230 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 29 November 2017

My family and I have been to PJ's several times. We have NEVER been disappointed!. The Chef Paul creates amazing dishes. If you don't see what you want on the menu talk to Paul. He may be able to make it. The food is always delicious. Can't wait for our annual Christmas Parade outing there.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

A few miles off I-75, and worth the short drive. We came across this by accident while looking for an antique mall. The best fried green tomatoes, fried califlower we have had. I had a chicken salad sandwich on a homemade croissant which was so so good. My husband had the fried green tomatoes appetizer as his meal. Lightly battered and delicious. Quaint little southern town just outside Atlanta, a sweet find AND the most delicious chocolate pecan pie!! Gotta have you some! Please treat yourself to this off the road cafe, and take a quick walk around the town square to walk off your meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Everything was tasty and the real deal. Nothing canned or from a mix. Chicken salad was good. No frills. The chicken fried steak was served over real mashed potatoes and gravy. Salad very fresh. They had live music on a Saturday night. The ambience had a local charm right on the square. Service friendly.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

PJ's is one of the oldest restaurants that have anchored the Mcdonough square. Feautring a southern-American menu, the food is always very good, with a variety of sandwiches, entrees and soups.

Personal highlights are the tilapia wraps, meatloaf, sweet potato fries and cheese steak.

Decor is a mural of Mcdonough, with a mix of booth and table searing. There is also a small bar and music most Friday nights.

The only ding against PJs is that service is often slow, but friendly. This is not the place to run into if you're in a hurry.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a westen omelet with grits and a biscuit and my wife enjoyed the buttermilk pancakes with bacon. The unsweetened ice tea was refreshing.

We had a large party of friends but Amanda took great care of us!