“Glad to have it so close by”

Gritz Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 236 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We have had breakfast here twice in the last couple of months and we are so glad to have Gritz in our area. The service is excellent and very friendly. Nothing fancy here just good food right on the picturesque McDonough Square. I've had eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, biscuits & gravy and it is all good. I will say that the country ham is very salty.
We haven't had lunch here but I would like to sometime. I highly recommend Gritz.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very friendly service and good old fashioned real food. If you order the country breakfast don't plan on eating lunch.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic breakfast! Fantastic service....including the hugs for my child. Not a wait at all (sunday early afternoon), which is rare considering this place is........drumroll please....fantastic!

1  Thank DMHE
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

When I lived in McDonough I ate at Grits weekly. Now when I visit I make sure to include a trip to Grits. The best chicken tenders ever. I can't think of any food they serve that isn't delicious. The staff is friendly and the sweet tea is endless.

1  Thank vickishockley1
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Had the fried chicken breast with two sides. One of the best fried batters I have had anywhere. Breast was very tender and juicy. Think of a chicken fried steak but with chicken breast instead. If you are in to Southern cooking about as good as it can get.