“Dogs Welcome, Don't Expect Breakfast, Google Doesn't Know Where It Is”
Review of Super 8 Newnan

Super 8 Newnan
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I chose this place for their animals welcome policy. Google sent us on a grand tour of historical Newnan from Exit 47... be sure to use Exit 41 and it's right there by Mac Donald's. The bed was comfortable enough and the night shift guy was friendly. Bathroom was falling apart, literally. The door security lock was broken, but the dead bolt & card key mechanism did work. I didn't see any bugs. The people in the room next door were very noisy until late at night with no intervention from the front desk immediately below them. . The early morning shift really dropped the ball. I went to get coffee at 7 AM and nobody was in the office. Breakfast is advertised as 6 AM to 9 AM. There was no coffee, no OJ, no milk for the cornflakes or cheerios they offered. There were 2 donuts and 3 people in my party. When the young lady came in and asked if there was anything else I needed I told her all that and she said they didn't have any milk & proceeded to make some DECAF coffee. I asked for the elder clerk who came in to add my Wyndham Membership # to the reservation and she said it wouldn't do any good unless I paid $50 over the going rate.

Room Tip: If all you want is a bed and a toilet for a few hours it will suffice, but overpriced for what you g...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We evacuated from Hurricane Matthew and had a reservation to stay at this motel. When we arrived, we were told that our dog exceeded the weight limit for staying here. We had researched pet-friendly hotels since we knew he would be along with us, but there was nothing on their website about a weight limit. My husband pleaded with them to allow us to stay, as rooms were hard to come by. They told him we could stay if we did something about the dog. Then, when he tried to cancel the reservation he was told they could not cancel as they are third-party. The phone number he was given provided no help for cancellation. We finally were able to cancel our reservation and find another hotel that was much nicer and accepted our dog, and I am very thankful we did not have to stay here. Even from the parking lot it did not appear to be clean, and folks were hanging around in the parking lot with apparently no purpose.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank weekender913
Reviewed 9 October 2016

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The free breakfast doesn't exist! They do not give you anything for the McDonalds next door. Rooms were not the worst I've stayed in but not great. Fairly clean but definitely dated. The biggest problem we had was with the other tenants. Loud yelling, cars in and out at all hours "visiting" other tenants, and nasty folks complaining about our boys playing in the pool and riding bikes around the parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank W6586XCjamesf
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

This was the worst motel we stayed at on our entire trip. It was not clean. The morning desk clerk was flat out rude. She told me that she would NOT make another pot of coffee at 8.30 on a Saturday morning..... I'm standing there looking at an empty pot and she is standing outside smoking and sipping a 16 oz cup of fresh coffee. The towels were so horrible that we wouldn't even shower here. The room smelled. There were bugs and roaches.The lobby and entry was not clean and the night staffs family was lounging about watching tv and eating. Had we not been exhausted we would not have stayed. Very unprofessional and very disappointing.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple