“Stay away”
Review of Super 8 Newnan

Super 8 Newnan
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Reviewed 26 March 2017

This is a "suite" with a king size bed, microwave, frig, coffee pot in room, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, couch, and decent tv, it also has "whirlpool/hot tub".
What it really has is, an overpowering disinfectant smell, a couch, a very worn out king size bed. (The worst bed I've ever tried to sleep in). The spa is actually nothing more than a garden tub. Not one I would bathe in. That is where they got two stars. Certainly not a "suite", but when it's time to get off the road, it's a room.
The employees are rude and unprofessional. Check in was done between bites while the employee ate. We couldn't get the key to unlock the door so the employee brought her food to the door to help us only to find out the key didn't work. The TV would not come on. I called the desk to find out if there was a box or something I needed to turn on as well as the TV and was told to find the remote and try pushing the power button. DUH! Someone had to come reset the TV. Breakfast is from 0600-0900. I wanted to get some coffee and it was maybe five minutes before 0600. The door was locked and there were two women in the office yelling that breakfast didn't start until 0600. It didn't start then either. I went back ten minutes after 0600 and the door was still locked. Of course, I tried to open it and got yelled at to wait! I had my large coffee cup with me which I like because I don't like my cup full. I was told I could not fill my coffee cup. Not a problem, however, it was the only beverage for breakfast. There is a juice machine but it has no juice. They had stale glazed donuts and we were told that only one donut was allowed per person. They also have cereal and if you ask at the desk they will give you milk.
I asked the woman at the desk if she owned the motel. She thought that was funny and said no. I asked her who did? She said the bank. DUH!! She finally said the owner never comes in. I asked her if she knew who it was? No. But they did have a card on the counter which I picked up.
I do not recommend this motel to any person or dog. Go down the road a little more. At least you may get some sleep, coffee, and breakfast.
How does this qualify to be a "Super8??"

Room Tip: There is parking outside the doors. Spaces fill up fast.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheServedToo

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

And we are still laughing. Clerk acted like we were interrupting her continual smoke break. Room was sufficient almost clean, table was very sticky, something had been spilled on it. My wife went to get a blanket since there was not one on the bed. And they gave her one full of burn holes.. We won't be going back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2017

My wife and I were very disappointed with the condition of the property, i.e., 2 Kleenex dispensers both empty, shower curtain torn, T.V. cable box not properly located, ice machine in the laundry room which was very dirty, no confirmation # or reward # on paperwork. It was handy to I-85, and there was a McDonalds next door which is where we elected to eat breakfast. Over-all, much less than standard.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Earl S
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Our room was clean, yes a little out dated , we didn't need a new desk, we wanted a comfortable, clean room, and that's what we got.
PROS- clean, AC work wonderful , bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean.
CONS- only sheet and very thin top spread.
- we left to early for breakfast.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We had to stay here for work , I still need a shower! They put us in the back because of our dogs I assume? Walked in floor and beds are filthy looks like this room has never been cleaned. The walls are covered in food and who knows what else. My dog found roach motels complete with roaches. You pretty much want to sleep in your clothes and throw them away immediately. I refused to bring my suitcase into the room.
The outside is covered in trash and broke down cars. The pool looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The ice machine is broken . The breakfast bar is a joke it's cereal. The only thing going for this place is the location. Place needs serious cleaning and remodeling! I looked up the other motels in the area , looks like this is normal in this area. If you can keep driving!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business