Comfort Suites Savannah North
US$79
US$63
US$54
QualityInn
Inn at Mulberry Grove(Port Wentworth)
US$55
US$53
Savannah Inn(Port Wentworth)
US$55
US$60
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskeggsindoor poolthe sofa bedhot tubyogurtsweet tea grillwelcome centerexercise roomwould stay againroom was spaciouscontinental breakfastsausagethe breakfast areanice breakfastrestaurant next doorroom key
Reviewed 7 April 2018

There was no one at the desk when we arrived as the desk clerk was doing the laundry! Rooms were not being cleaned on time and long waits to get a room. Went down to the lobby later for a beverage....no cups....couldn't get a cup because no one was at the desk and the phones were ringing off the hook! Other guests came to the lobby and there still was no one at the desk even after ringing the bell. An elderly lady came to the lobby because no one answered the phones. She had a complaint that her bedding was not changed prior to her arrival. This chain advertised no pets but an employee there said they do accept small pets. A pet is a pet is a pet! False advertising. Pay a little more at another chain and be satisfied. The breakfast was sparse compared to other chains.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly H
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

One stop in Savannah on our spring break trip. Frankly the entire staff needs to have a fire lit under them to get things moving! Trying to check took almost 10 mins for someone to come to desk after we rang the bell twice. I heard someone in the office behind the desk then getting assigned a room was another 10min so she could ask housekeeping if our room was ready only 30 min before check in time. Walked in later that night front desk person sat there with her chin in her hand, didn’t say a word. Breakfast a mess. The hotel was full that night so I understand there were many to feed however eggs, sausage and biscuits were never refilled at the same time. You constantly were waiting for something. The person in charge of ensuring things were stocked was in no hurry at all and seemed inconvenienced when asked when things would be refilled. Hotel was what we needed but staff needs to want to be interested in the hospitality line of work.

1  Thank Tanwilltravel
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Evidently this hotel is more concerned with money than" comfort". I called down at the front desk at 2 a.m. after having been awakened for several hours with beeping and lights flashing and Machinery right outside my window from construction on I-95. There were no rooms available so they could not change me to another room. I asked for a refund and they said that they could not help the construction on I-95. I get that. But number one they could not put anyone in the rooms that are immediately adjoining to that place where they are doing construction or number to advise the person checking in that their room would be at joining that and give them the choice of whether they want to stay there or not. Had I known this was going to be an issue we would have looked for another hotel. They said they can't not completely booked their hotel. Yes you can if it has anything to do with your customers ability to get a good night sleep. I won't be by the boda book, boda booming at a Comfort Suites anymore.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We usually don't stay in this chain, but we stayed here for a night because the rates were so high in the whole area due to the St. Patty's Day festivities. It looked nice, and the reviews seemed ok.

We got to our room, and the door lock wouldn't open – the green light came on, but the lock wouldn’t release. So down to the lobby my husband went while I stayed with the luggage in the hall. Someone came up, and voila - the door opened for them with no trouble! We started unpacking.
After watching the TV for 5 minutes, it went dark. My husband tried to call the front desk, but the phones were also out. I tried calling the hotel on my cell phone, but nobody answered. So he went to the front desk, and he was told that someone would be up soon. The front desk associate came up with some equipment, but couldn’t get the tv to work. She said it could be the remote, so she left and returned with a new remote – but that didn’t help, and we were given keys to another room.
When we entered our new room, there was a terribly musty odor (it was right next to the indoor pool.) We really wanted to change rooms, since I am very allergic to mold - but didn't want to appear like complainers - so we stayed and I doubled up on my meds. By this time, we'd wasted quite a few hours on getting settled. And lo and behold, this tv didn’t work either.
We were starving by now, and decided to go to dinner – informing the front desk as we walked by. She said she would get if fixed while we were out, so we went to dinner a little frustrated over all the wasted time for our vacation. When we returned, the tv was fixed.

In general, the staff seemed nice enough, but not overly concerned about issues. The person who originally assisted us with the tv and locks was quite helpful, and seemed frustrated about not being able to help.

I have to say, the rooms were disappointing. On the surface it looked nice, but the nooks and crannies of the room weren't very clean, the usb/plug on my side of the bed pushed into the wall, and overall the room seemed a bit dingy. The breakfast was just ok - very compact with fewer selections than we were used to.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool - the room next door is very musty smelling.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Got rate/hotel on Hotwire- pleasantly surprised at clean, spacious room, cool fan blowing on arrival, clean bathroom and comfortable beds. Pulled back sheets- clean mattress, nice sheets and pillows. Make sure you lock adjoining door to old school suite connector- otherwise felt safe here. Nice breakfast for provided- cereal, waffle maker, bread/toaster, yogurt, delicious coffee and fresh fruit. Would definitely come back and recommend.