“Heaven On Earth”

The Cloister at Sea Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Island
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am at least a 6th or 7th generation Georgian, and I spent my honeymoon here before the renovations of the 2000's, so I admit to some bias, but The Cloister is simply the best. I have had the pleasure of experiencing many luxury resorts in th Western Hemisphere and many Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott properties and can still say none of them have equaled the service, quality and experience offered at The Cloister, much less the history. The Cloister, the Beach Club and The Lodge are our standby favorite places. We just celebrated our 15th anniversary there. The Colt & Alison at the Lodge is our favorite restaurant there and the Beach Club bar at Southern Tide can't be beat for an afternoon of watching college football. The views of salt marshes sooth our souls each visit and remind us of young love, new lives beginning, and looking forward to the future at a backdrop representative of our deep Georgia roots. Sea Island is heaven on earth.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I just returned from a 2 night stay at The Cloister with my husband. Words cannot describe how perfectly wonderful our stay was at this property that "took our breath away". The rooms were stunning with great views and ambience. The staff was friendly and helpful. You must visit The Georgian Room for a dining experience you will not forget. Also, visit The River Bar for a wonderful lunch with great water views.

The Cloister is a luxury travel experience filled with wonderful southern charm that is perfect for couples or a family.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank CarolinaGirls50
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Living in Atlanta I had heard about The Cloister for years...I'm just sorry it took me so long to finally visit. The entire resort is gorgeous. Everywhere you look are beautiful views, both in and outside of the hotel. My suite was enormous and very well appointed, especially the bathroom.

The food at the various restaurants was most impressive. From Italian to traditional American cuisine, each meal was better than the last. And I highly recommend breakfast in the Georgian Room...what a way to start the day!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Seah873
Reviewed 5 November 2012

had the opportunity to spend three glorious nights in October at this resort. Attention to detail, cleanliness and friendly efficient staff all made for a perfect stay. Beautiful grounds for strolling. Complimentary afternoon tea in the bird room. Stroll around and visit the on property chapel.

Room Tip: Ask for intercoastal view at main lodge and oceanfront in other sections
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FLhurricane
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend here and stayed in a suite at the Ocean Villas. Wow - the suite was beautifully decorated with a full kitchen (Bosch all around), lovely furniture, two full bathrooms and ocean views from both porches. We played tennis (Har-Tru courts) and enjoyed the pool at the Beach Club. Especially recommend the Flounder BELT at Southern Tide and the steaks at Colt and Allison (Khris' service was impeccable). We loved our three-day stay and are planning to return with our family for a longer visit.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
13.6 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
4.4 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
15.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA
5.4 km away
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Cloister at Sea Island? Share your experiences!