See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I went to this hotel on an insurance claim. A tee had been uprooted by a storm and fell on my house, taking my electrical wires down to the ground with it. The room, although clean, is in desperate need of a remodel. Cove base is hanging off the tub, the enamel gouged out of the sink in several places. The vinyl on the floor in the kitchenette and bathroom was torn and had holes in several places. There are roach traps in the kitchenette right next to the microwave. The furniture is almost falling apart. I was a bit concerned and googled how to look for bedbugs. As recommended on several sites, I took apart the bedding. There was a flat sheet tucked in as the bottom sheet. I pulled that back and revealed a mattress cover with elastic straps at the corners to hold it on to the mattress. I peeled that back to find zippered covers on the mattress and box spring. On top of the zippered mattress cove, I found potato chips, assorted hairs, and what looked like coffee grinds. Made me wonder if there were rodents in the room. I checked the nightstand, behind pictures, around the base of the bed. I did not see any of the telltale reddish stains that several websites said to look for so I thought, the room may be shabby, but I don't think there are any bedbugs. I could sleep there for one night before moving on to new hotel. The room was so shabby that I decided to hang out in my sweltering, 85* house until it got dark. I went back to the hotel at around 9:00. I had left the lights on so the room was bright when I got there. I watched some TV, and decided to turn out the lights for a minute and use the flashlight to check the room again. That's when I saw several small, dark, reddish brown, oval bugs (BEDBUGS!!!!) on the wall, scurrying into the back of the nightstand which was right next to the bed. I was beyond creeped out!! I gathered my few items and ran out the door. I would have told someone, but the front desk was closed for the night. What kind of hotel doesn't have someone at the front desk around the clock?!? I went home to my sweltering hot house with no electricity, put everything I took with me into sealed plastic bags, took the clothes off that I was wearing and sealed them into a bag, and showered for 45 minutes. My skin was crawling. I went back to check out today, but the agency who booked the room for me had already called. When I told the lady at the front desk that I need to check out, she smiled and said, "It's already been taken care of." I suspect that she absolutely knows there is a bedbug problem there. How disgusting. Run away from this place, you don't want to be fed on by bedbugs or have them hitch a ride to your house in your belongings. I hear that they're really hard to get rid of, which is likely why this hotel is so infested.

Date of stay: June 2015