“Good Food”
Review of Umaido

Umaido
Ranked #8 of 210 Restaurants in Suwanee
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese Ramen noodle shop - specializing in TONKOTSU RAMEN, originated from Hakata, Japan.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I'll start by saying that I have no idea what is authentic in terms of ramen. I know I've had my share of instant ramen, and I know that Umaido was on another planet. The two noodle dishes do not compare. I do know good food. Umaido was good food.

The family was a little intimidated by the location, online menu, and some online comments. I'm so glad we went anyway.

We stopped in around 7:30 on a Sunday. The place was packed, but the staff was very helpful and sat us at the little bar in front of the kitchen. From these seats we could see that there were areas that needed to be wiped clean. (The only reason I can't give a 5.)

We were told that the appetizer we ordered had run out. They didn't have enough to make a full order, but the server brought out what they had for us to try. We were not charged. It was a nice touch that made us feel comfortable.

The ramen dishes were all excellent. I'd skip the steamed buns, but they weren't bad....just takes up room that could be filled with ramen.

We'll certainly be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are both huge fans of Ramen. We have been to many in and around Atlanta. Umaido is my favorite, hands down. My husband's second favorite. I come every chance I get, alone or with company. And the staff is awesome!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I love this noodle house! It has flavors fit everyone. Best of all their noodles are made from scratch and they're collagen infused!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

My oldest wanted to try this place as she loves ramen. We walked in at 7pm on a Thursday night and were welcomed warmly and seated immediately. The menu is varied and has much more than just ramen dishes. We were walked through the menu and our sever suggested several options. We tried them and were ver happy with the quality of the food. it also came out in about 5 minutes so we were in and out in less than an hour. This is a very welcoming, friendly place serving inventive and tasty food in a casual setting. The only complaint was the noise level was very high, we think due to the rowdy group of drinkers next to us. Made it a little hard to talk to each other. Well worth a try though. I will come back for sure.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

My Family and I went here, I had read the reviews and also my wife had people say this was the place to go and eat but we were disappointed. Definitely was not we expected. I was expected the real style of food but instead got the more american side fast food dishes. If I go to a restaurant I am looking for the true authentic foods not the step down for taste or sales. Sorry to say the ramen was not really that impressive.

Been to Umaido? Share your experiences!