“Girls' Night Out”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Toscana Trattoria is a neighborhood restaurant with a combination of traditional Italian food, favorite family recipes, friendly service and a comfortable casual atmosphere. We take pride in providing our guests with a truly pleasant place to gather with friends and family to enjoy a great meal. Owner-Chef, Robert Pniewski, is committed to using the highest quality meats, local produce and premium imported ingredients to create classic American and rustic Italian dishes. Our full service bar offers an excellent selection of wines and we have become well known for our wide variety of craft bourbons. Our bar manager, Bill Lally, enables guests to take an active roll in the wine and bourbon selection process through our regularily scheduled events that are designed for education and enjoyment. Co-owner Michele Doyle has created and atmosphere that emphasizes warm, genuine hospitality with particular importance placed on family. We also have plenty of outdoor seating and our own bocce court.
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Myself and two friends met here last night and we live in three different areas in north Atlanta. One drove 45 minutes to meet us, one 25 minutes, and I live only five minutes from this lovely neighborhood gem. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this restaurant is and the waitstaff is off-the-charts great! Kevin was our waiter and he was attentive to our every need. It was half-price wine (by the bottle) last night and we had two lovely bottles of wine which came highly recommended by Kevin. The food was wonderful. We sat outside because it was such a lovely evening here in Johns Creek. I will definitely be returning and I will ask for Kevin to be our waiter. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the meal was. And to finish it off, we had coffee and a cannoli and a piece of the cheesecake of the day. Kudos to Toscana!

1  Thank 441paml

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Toscana has some great food. The wide array of the menu is good for a lite lunch or a robust dinner. They have an impressive Bourbon selection as well.

1  Thank kalwho1
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I had seen reviews for this restaurant for a while, but we had never managed to visit. Over the past few weeks we have now been twice (both visits on Fridays for dinner). We arrived on the early-side (5:30 to 6 p.m.) and it has not been overly crowded, but perhaps that changes later in the evenings.

Parking generally seems sufficient in the front lot for the entire strip-mall.

On the 2nd visit we noticed that there is a cigar-bar next door. We could vaguely smell the cigars when we first entered, but not really after that. I did not notice this at all on our first visit. So I don't know if it varies somewhat based on timing and how smokey the adjoining place gets.

Service generally seems good. Our waiter and waitress were both attentive. The food came out quickly. So far we have tried pasta, pizza, and fish. No one was dissatisfied with their meals. They also have a full bar in addition to beer/wine. I tried a martini, which was good.

There are a number of pretty good Italian places near us, but I suspect we will add this restaurant to the mix going forward.

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 22 June 2016

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant twice since moving to Johns Creek in April. Our first visit was good. My fish dinner was very good. My wife's pasta was okay. The second time around a week later we had a similar experience. One good, but one meal just okay.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

I like the food, I like the people but they are next to a cigar smoke shop that shares a wall. Obviously the cigar place is not venting correctly. I just walked in and the air was so thick that we couldn't stay. What really bugs me is the woman at the front says she tries to spray the place with Febreeze - give me a break. That doesn't do anything in terms of health hazards of second hand smoke "Oh gee, add a few more chemicals to be inhaled with your gnocchi.". The place is absolutely ruined. The food all smells like cigar ash.

1  Thank rochbound