All reviews trash bags wrap around porch wedding venue daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner screened in porch shadow rock sunrise lodge north georgia ruby retreat chevin cabin fireplace woodruff wraparound arbor
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were with a group of friends for a Fourth of July getaway/rafting trip. This property is so beautiful and the owners are absolutely incredible.Could not have been happier or more pleased with our weekend destination. This would be an awesome place for a wedding, business retreat or just a family getaway. The accommodations are outstanding and any expectations we had were exceeded abundantly! There is so much to do in the area that you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank blessednonna
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is an incredible place for a wedding, retreat, family vacation, reunion, or anything where you want the beauty of a natural setting and the comforts of home. The owners are amazing and tend to your every need. They have EVERYTHING you need for a comfortable, relaxed visit from comfy beds to full kitchens to beautiful bathrooms to fantastic buildings for casual meals or elaborate receptions--all tucked away on a mountain with lovely views. It is also in a good location to enjoy the many activities in surrounding areas. This is a wonderful place!!!

1  Thank Nanna440
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Splendor mountain is a hidden gem. The whole property is beautiful and it feels like you are in your own little perfect world with fabulous views. I got married here 2 years ago with flowers everywhere and a breath taking view of the mountains in the background. Chevin and Steve (The owners) are so accommodating and helpful that you leave feeling like you have made new friends. I came back this year for the fourth of July and stayed in the Shadow Rock room which is the honeymoon sweet. It is so charming, there is a large walk in shower, and the bed is unbelievably comfortable. Some friends of ours that we went with stayed in the Ruby and Sapphire lodges which are perfect for large groups. I would recommend Splendor Mountain to everyone. I have traveled a lot of places all over the world and this is one of my favorites!

1  Thank BKS929
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the second time I have had the pleasure of staying at splendor mountain. The first time I was here was for my wedding in 2012. The wedding was unbelievable and I couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. This trip was for a Fourth of July rafting trip and once again all expectations were exceeded. What makes this location a cut above the rest are the owners and how hospitable they are. They truly care about the folks that are staying at their location and will do what ever it takes to make your visit perfect.

Unbelievably clean
Tons of charm and uniqueness
The entire place is a work of art

Room tip: One of the large cabins for groups Shadow rock room is perfect to get away and disconnect in one of the finest locations the South has to offer “Im going back down south now”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I were searching for a quiet escape to celebrate the end of another hectic school year and happened upon Splendor Mountain. Boy, did we find a gem. This was exactly the cabin we had hoped to find: secluded in peaceful surroundings, but just minutes away from fun daytrip activities in Tallulah Gorge, Tiger and Clayton. Our cabin's main floor was ample in size and the screened-in porch, upper and lower levels immediately got my wife planning on bringing the entire extended family for a return trip - she even checked for the make of our bed sheets after repeatedly saying how comfortable they are. The cabin is comfortable and exceptionally clean. We encountered the owner on the grounds, who was a delight to visit with and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. Looks like we may be returning with the family to this great spot, but I'd be just as happy to come back with my wife again to our perfect getaway.

Date of stay: June 2014