“Georgia State Rally--CMA”

Georgia Baptist Conference Center
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toccoa
Georgia Baptist Conference Center
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I was pleasantly surprised. These was my first time there. I did not book a room but will next time. The rooms I saw were large with two queen sized beds, clean and comfortable and reasonable priced. I over the view of Lake Louise from various viewpoint to include the Dining Room. The food was served cafeteria style and the staff was excellent to include bringing around drink refills. I will return as the opportunity occurs.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 August 2016

This property is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are well kept, the furnishing are warm and inviting, the view of the lake is wonderful, etc. I can go on. I cannot say enough about the beauty of this property. Very peaceful and serene. I gave this property one star because we encountered BED BUGS in our double bed room. My room mate's right arm was covered with bite marks and became swollen from her scratching. Her left arm, around the elbow was also swollen and soon doubled in size. We came very close to having o take her to a hospital. Bed bugs were discoverd on my bed. They were on the headboard, the wall by the headboard, under the bedspread, under the top sheet, on the side of the mattress, etc. At 2;30am we had to pack our belongings and vacate the room. The bathroom also appeared to have not be cleaned. The stench was almost nauseating. About 2 days later, I was informed that it was discovered that the mattress that I almost sleep on was infested with bed bug! My recommendation is that no one should book this property for any event, until management remedies this situation with the bed bugs. There were other similar complaints, some of which included children having been bitten as well.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the "5000"
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
MyToccoa, General Manager at Georgia Baptist Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Josie 221, please let us again apologize profusely for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, for both of us bed bugs do not discriminate and while we do have pest control protocol in place they may have been introduced by the guest immediately before you and missed by housekeeping. Please know we are taking every precaution we can to protect our guests and their belongings from bed bugs. Your room was immediately taken out of service and our pest control professionals have been on campus to service the room for bed bugs. This room will be treated three times by our pest control professionals and several inspections will be made before this room will ever be rented to guests again. Please accept our most sincere apology for this inconvenience. We are thankful this is a rare occurrence and look forward to the day when bed bugs will be non-existent.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A wonderful place for Christians to get away for a personal or group retreat. Staff and food are excellent. Beautiful lake--get up at sunrise to take a great photo! The grounds are nice with tennis courts, basketball courts, and walking trails. Lots of options for lodging for individuals and groups.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room with a Tempupedic mattress.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eddy O
Reviewed 16 April 2014

For the past five or six years we have been here for the April conference. We have always had good clean rooms, and the meals were awesome. We have never had anything but good experience with the center. I am Louise Holloway and I come there with Mt. View Baptist Church.

Room Tip: I prefer the building on the hill
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My family and I stayed at the center on a retreat and now I am a local to the area. The center itself is on such beautiful land and it's a very relaxing atmosphere. The rooms were fine and comfortable. I slept well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family