“Best to Eat In!”
Review of Old Hickory House

Old Hickory House
Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: American
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Took home a carryout meal of vegetables and a cobbler. Normally, I eat inside the restaurant. On the take-outs the vegetables are placed in individual plastic cups, and the cobbler in pre-packed containers. Somehow, the servings were not as tasty and were small to boot. This being on Christmas Eve, the place was packed. Old Hickory House is known for its breakfasts with big homemade biscuits.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Don't let the weird location fool you. This place is the real deal! Went in for dinner after looking at other reviews and was not disappointed. Sign said 'seat yourself' so I chose a booth in the middle of the room. Behind the counter you can see the meats cooking on the grill. Decor is older, but appropriate for a BBQ joint. My waitress was the picture of Southern hospitality, perfect service all around. I ordered the $10 half chicken plate with collard greens and Brunswick stew on her recommendation. Everything was melt in your mouth good. They had caramelized bbq sauce on the outside of the chicken and then gave more to dip. Collards were excellent, and the Brunswick stew was the best I've had at a restaurant. Garlic bread was good too!

1  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Shanna was a awesome server!
We’ll be back because of HER!
The food also was delicious
We loved the country fried steak and gravy biscuits

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I drove 3 1/2 hours just to eat lunch here. The best ketchup based BBQ in the South. Great service, great sweet, fat french fries, and good company. If you come in on Sunday afternoon, plan to wait for a table, but it will be worth it.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have eaten here many times. I sat myself - I arrived when they were ending breakfast and starting lunch. They are always busy. The staff is very friendly
and makes you feel at home. I was greeted immediately upon arrival - I ordered a
sweet tea. The server Terri W. was great - very helpful - had a real sense of
urgency. I ordered the vegetable plate - four choices. The corn bread was brought
out first - with butter, hot and good. I had the yams, the french fries and two orders of the broccoli casserole. The food was served hot and in a timely manner. For a
quick lunch with good food and prices that can't be beat - give this restaurant a try.

Been to Old Hickory House? Share your experiences!