“FOOD AND GATORS”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Crab Shack isn't just a restaurant, it's a destination! We seat more than 700 guests and offer both indoor and outdoor dining options. Both dining rooms and our outdoor dining deck offer picturesque views of Chimney Creek. Both the young and young-at-heart will enjoy our interactive, educational "Gator Lagoon" which is home to 78 baby alligators; our aviary which is home to more than a dozen rescued exotic birds, and our "Gift Shack". The Crab Shack offers traditional Low Country fare, including fresh streamed and boiled seafood and slow-cooked BBQ. We also have a kid's menu available with shrimp, mac 'n' cheese, hot dogs, and pizza. The Crab Shack is and always has been a family owned business, and recently began shipping our entrees in easy-to-cook meal kits through LoCo To Go. Stop by and experience all we have to offer for yourself!
Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

Wonderful snow crab. Absolutely melted in your mouth. I think seafood definitely high point. Would stick to this in future.

BBQ pork sandwich a bit dry and lacking flavor.
Cold slaw fair.

Atmosphere is island casual. Alligator feeding pond is definitely unusual.

Date of visit: June 2021
thecrabshack, Guest Relations Manager at The Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2021

We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and feeding the alligators in our Gator Lagoon! We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (6,280)

Reviewed 17 June 2021

This place is the best! The food was amazing, the atmosphere fun for everyone, and the experience a great one. We had Ana as our server and she was perfect!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank 436lewisl

We are so glad that you enjoyed your Crab Shack Experience and the service you received - we will be sure to pass your compliments on to Ana. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

We had Ana as a server and she was great just like the food was. Highly recommend. Great atmosphere.

1  Thank Hum0rtime
thecrabshack, Guest Relations Manager at The Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Reviewed 11 June 2021

This is a must stop on every trip to Tybee. It's located on the way off the island, so I always make it my last hoorah before heading home. My favorite, for sure. My family has grown to love Gilbert (the bird) and we always stop in to hear him say "hi gilbert" LOL We visited this past Monday 6/7/21. Service was amazing. Food came super quick and was awesome as always. We went over to the gift shop when we finished. I purchased 2 tshirts. When we got home i noticed that one of my shirts was the wrong size. It was in my size bin, and the bag it was in was labeled my size, but the shirt was not that size. :( I sent an email. And the very next day I was contacted by management (Jessica, I believe is her name). Yall...when i tell you this woman was awesome....I mean she was AWESOME! Super kind and friendly. Agreed to replace my shirt. Sent me pics to make sure i got the one i wanted....checked the size and even told me to keep the one I originally purchased. She went above and beyond to make things right. Love my Crab shack family and can't wait to return.

Date of visit: June 2021

We love to hear this! We are so glad that you enjoyed your Crab Shack Experience, and that Jessica went above and beyond to make sure that you got the right shirt in the right size. We'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Jessica (and we'll tell Gilbert you said hi, too!). We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

The Crab Shack is a place like no other. This was my 3rd visit and it never disappoints.
This visit our server was Ana. She was attentive and informative. I have a seafood allergy and she suggested a substitute for the corn since it's cooked in water from the fish. What really impressed me was that she proactively asked about allergies when I ordered. While this is a favorite stop for crab lovers, I have always been able to find tasty alternatives.
No trip is complete without a stroll about the grounds. If you're visiting Savannah or Tybee Island, don't miss out on a meal at The Crab Shack.

1  Thank Sargeatlarge
thecrabshack, Guest Relations Manager at The Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Thank you so much for always making us a part of your plans when you visit Savannah and Tybee Island! We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and the service you received - we will be sure to pass your compliments on to Ana. Thanks for recommending us, we hope to see you again soon!