“High flying fun”

Historic Banning Mills Zip Line Canopy Tours
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Historic Banning Mills Zip Line for my son’s 17th birthday. I found them online, no one I know had ever heard about it. Since it is an easy 2 hr drive from Birmingham we went for the day. Well...Birmingham and Whitesburg are in different time zones...I never thought about it until we were on our way. I called when I realized my error and they told us to come on. We were 30 min late for our tour and the staff were so nice and accommodating! Our guides were Bobby and Tyler, they were experienced, patient and fun and always put safety first! They helped make our day amazing! We did level 4 extreme and my son added the free fall. I am afraid of heights but with their guidance, I was very comfortable doing all the zip lines and bridges. We started on smaller, slower zip lines so by the time I got to Predator, Big Daddy and Screaming Eagle, I was very comfortable. I will say that if you aren’t in pretty decent shape physically, climbing the tower (over 100 feet) to screaming eagle and getting across some of the sky bridges may be a challenge (think walking a plank 180 foot in the air and maneuvering a tightrope at one point). My husband struggled with the bridges, the staff was super encouraging and understanding and even arranged for someone to come and pick him up and take him back to the lodge at that point. If you like adventure or have kids, I highly recommend making a trip here! Although we did not stay on property, the lodge was beautiful and the treehouse rooms looked really neat! I think this would also be a fun girls trip, couples trip or family trip! Tip: take a go pro (they have helmets to mount them on), put a case with a strap on your phone or take a small camera with a strap so you can take pictures!

All reviews
"west georgia"
"old mill"
"hiking trails"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

zipline and massage were absolutely wonderful! dinner and breakfasts were wonderful too! all around fabulous time! good family fun also!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Historic Banning Mills was an amazing adventure Maddie in the gift shop was friendly courteous and very knowledgeable about the Banning Mills Canopy Tours we really enjoyed talking to her. Stuart and Langston was our guide for the Canopy Tours and they were not only very safe but they were friendly fun and adventurous we had an amazing time it's definitely something to put on your bucket list we had such a great time that we're carrying our mother back this weekend

1  Thank Joann K
Donna H, Manager at Historic Banning Mills Zip Line Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Would love to meet Mom. Thank you for your kind review. So glad you had a great time!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I have lived here almost a year and during the middle of your company's Christmas party David and his helper kept us informed of the water failure and updates of when the water would be back on. All your staff is absolutely amazing. But, I agreed on the behalf of my neighbors around me to ensure you know how much we all how much we appreciate them.
Mr. Mike and Mrs.Donna, David and his helper were amazing to give updates, you are so lucky to have them as employees. For people to leave a Christmas party to make sure that your guests or taken care of is absolutely amazing. I am so grateful that you employ people like this. And so are my neighbors!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Arrived after Snowman 2017 for overnight anniversary stay. Snow was mostly gone. Played mini golf. Course was full of leaves and sticks, but it is off season and to be expected. Gourmet dinner was awesome - rack of wild boar and Chilian sea bass. Suspension bridge was fun. Pretty hiking along the creek. Mill ruins very interesting, would like to know more about them. Tree house was fun and quite comfortable. Cocktails on the deck overlooking the creek rapids at sunset was awesome. Breakfast, included was tasty, typical southern fare, and staff was friendly and inviting.